LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Out of curiosity................. You know cars that are Tax exempt...

Well a lot of car parks you go in are "Free" if your car is Tax exempt.. and shown on the tax disc...

How will they overcome this with No Disc... :wub:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
... and how do we buy privately? The seller will want to sell before the last day of the month to get his rebate, but the buyer won't want to back pay for a month he didn't own the car so won't want it till the first of the next month, so whose insurance will be liable for the car in the days between .. I know what I mean anyway :sick:o_Oo_O

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Don`t know, Joy... all I can think of is not to buy (Take delivery) till the last day of the month.. (y) after middnight..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
... and how do we buy privately? The seller will want to sell before the last day of the month to get his rebate, but the buyer won't want to back pay for a month he didn't own the car so won't want it till the first of the next month, so whose insurance will be liable for the car in the days between .. I know what I mean anyway :sick:o_Oo_O
I dunno I reckon if I'm spending thousands on a new motor I don't really care about £20 for a months road tax it's never bothered me till now I don't think I've ever bought or sold a car on the 1st of the month

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I dunno I reckon if I'm spending thousands on a new motor I don't really care about £20 for a months road tax it's never bothered me till now I don't think I've ever bought or sold a car on the 1st of the month
Yep. but up until now the road tax would have been transferred with the car. Twenty pounds may not bother you, but add all the twenty pounds up that Swansea will have reaped in and its another money grabber as far as I'm concerned.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Apart from mixing the road tax question with an Insurance question I understood you too

Easy one first
Insurance can only be that of the new owner

When you buy, as there will be no tax disc, and if the previous owner has cashed in, the car will be sorned your tax to drive home is only a click or a phone call away
If you run without tax the risk is the same as it is now if spotted you will be fined
It will depend on when the owner intends to cash in as he can only claim back full months there might be a day or two overlap, BUT can you use it ???? ie technically his tax to drive Your car home on

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks Geo. Appreciate that.

The reason I mentioned insurance is that of course the insurance can't start till the car is road taxed in your name ... I would think (?) so it is gonna cause a bit of an extra cafuffle there... only minor I know. It's just that they never seem to do anything to work in OUR favour... they get the extra money for inconveniencing us.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Out of curiosity................. You know cars that are Tax exempt...

Well a lot of car parks you go in are "Free" if your car is Tax exempt.. and shown on the tax disc...

How will they overcome this with No Disc... :wub:
mo. i take it you really mean cars with disabled tax disc?
i,m told the new blue badges you will be asked for a registration number . that will be on the badge if you arent in that vehicle some carparks you will have to pay.
cornwall county council have already started it . earlier this year . i can only think its to get ready for the no tax disc displaying .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
cars can be insured with out tax . its just if no insurance then they dont want it taxed as at the moment others might drive it . mind a few years ago before it got changed you could insure one vehicle and drive any taxed vehicle . lifes always changing .

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Yep. but up until now the road tax would have been transferred with the car. Twenty pounds may not bother you, but add all the twenty pounds up that Swansea will have reaped in and its another money grabber as far as I'm concerned.
Yep I do agree that it's a way for them to make money .....but I've also had buyers say to me before "the road tax is out at the end of the month can you knock £100 of for tax etc .....or "there's another one same price but with longer tax can you take something off

So if you can't sell with tax it will end that :)

I still think it's a better system than we have now

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back