No Spare Wheel (1 Viewer)

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
I subscribe to the "Carry only a tyre" Philosophy. I have NO chance of changing one roadside.So the logic is the the tyre fitter has one to work with?. saves the weight of a Wheel.

Pete
I bit the bullet during the week, had Tyron bands fitted and now carry a spare tyre in the back box. The spare was about 2 cm. too big to go in the under bench locker.......damn! We'll probably have to get a BeenyBox fitted to carry the cr@p we carried in the back box but I feel more confident now.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
After five years travelling on the continent without a spare wheel I am relieved to be getting a new van that comes with one as standard.

The old van did not have space underneath due to the design of the conversion; no space inside to accommodate a wheel - or even just a tyre - without HUGE compromise on our limited storage; and the only other possibility was to hang one on the outside back wall in lieu of a bike carrier.

Thankfully, we didn't encounter any tyre problems! And whilst I can understand the various reasons manufacturers and converters want to avoid providing a spare wheel; the whole business is potentially a bit of a nightmare for the MH owner.

BGB

Free Member
Feb 28, 2016
GAINSBOROUGH
Funster No
MH
PANEL VAN CONVERSION
Exp
SINCE AUGUST 2015
My Ducato based Autocruise Forte had the compressor and gunk. However after using PUNCTURESAFE on my motorcycle and see it seal a 10mm bolt in the back tyre on the Madrid ring road, i dont go anywhere without the tyres being dosed.....i know the tyre fitters dont like it cos it makes a mess when changing tyres but its TUV approved and i can vouch it works...the bike tyre lost 2 psi sealing the 10mm bolt and i slowly rode off the motorway to get a replacement tyre...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Within 2 weeks of picking up our mh I ordered a spare wheel and tyre it's now securely fixed to the back of our garage.
Like others have said not sure I will change it myself but at least the breakdown company can come and do it and I will be on my way.
Rather than breakdown middle of no where have to be towed to a garage which may or may not be closed and may or may not have a tyre in stock. Wait for it to open. Wait for the tryre to be delivered etc etc.
Cannot be doing with the hassle
Added weight was just over 25kg and new steel wheel and tyre cost me £120.
Each to their own but money well spent.
Weight was an issue for me as sailing close to limit but got weight limit increased. Job done.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
That's what I did

CA_04071316410368-X2.jpg
Techno ,where did you source the parts to manufacture that set up ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back