LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Loads of us in the same boat ... just turn up and enjoy. We ARE penalised on many sites financially ... just MY opinion .. Good on Eve on speaking out initially ... it is NOT acceptable.

Hope to see you at our meets where you will be made most welcome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Have travelled solo on and off for 30 years, never had a problem yet. I am a compulsive reader though and if site rules are listed i read them. Any site that didn't accept solos is unlikely to get my custom, even if not travelling on my own.

Edited to say Welcome back and welcome home.

The Returnee

Free Member
May 28, 2017
Togo
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
In 1983 I drove from England to Lomé
Not at all, you just have to know how to make it work. Buy one of those blow up dolls, strap her into the passenger seat and just drive in.

Lol. There's a thought. I know that ladies driving cars on their own, do use blow-up passengers as protection, in America. Hopefully, it hasn't got that bad yet in the UK.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Lol. There's a thought. I know that ladies driving cars on their own, do use blow-up passengers as protection, in America. Hopefully, it hasn't got that bad yet in the UK.
Thankfully it hasn't - why not post about yourself in the 'introduce yourself' part of the forum, we're a pretty friendly lot.

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
I recently arrived at a site, must have been in North Wales, but I don't really know where as I quickly moved on but the prohibited;

Single Sex Groups.

I can see their reasoning and understand BUT as a solo traveller I was classified as a Single Sex Group and refused entry! :(

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I recently arrived at a site, must have been in North Wales, but I don't really know where as I quickly moved on but the prohibited;

Single Sex Groups.

I can see their reasoning and understand BUT as a solo traveller I was classified as a Single Sex Group and refused entry! :(

were you actually refused entry, or did you presume you might be?

yes you would be single sex, by virtue of being alone, but it's hard to see how one person can be classed as a group o_Oo_O

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
were you actually refused entry, or did you presume you might be?

yes you would be single sex, by virtue of being alone, but it's hard to see how one person can be classed as a group o_Oo_O

I was refused a pitch at Reception, I did not have a booking, just a drive by.

My waistline is rather large, so maybe I just looked like a group of people :)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'm not the biggest fan of most campsites especially the larger ones as they often are too regimental with too many rules....so I do mainly wildcamp and use the smaller quiet sites....previously with my partner.

But have to say as a middle aged man who will be travelling solo the thought of being turned away from a site because they automatically think your a threat, paedophile or anything is not a pleasant one

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
So this is what I have to look forward to?
I've been a headmaster in an international school: typically 36 nationalities of students and 11 of teachers; adults of all types and persuasions and many touchy problems to resolve, for nearly 40 years.
I'm returning to the UK later this year and intend to spend the first two years getting acquainted with the UK again, to make up for being away for so long.
My boys are grown up, so I'll be touring on my own.
It never occurred to me that I'd have people looking at me, wondering if I was up to no good...

It is a troubling sign of modern times, mostly you breeze through reception but you get sensitive to small things.

"Sir, I'm assuming you won't want a pitch in the Families Field?"

" I don't care, I just want a pitch with EHU and water."

I was refused a pitch for breaking a 'single sex group' rule!

Wilding is more fun :)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
It is a troubling sign of modern times, mostly you breeze through reception but you get sensitive to small things.

"Sir, I'm assuming you won't want a pitch in the Families Field?"

" I don't care, I just want a pitch with EHU and water."

I was refused a pitch for breaking a 'single sex group' rule!

Wilding is more fun :)

I too am not a fan of campsites, but if I had any of that nonsense, especially if I had booked - do the ask (are they allowed to?), on the booking form what sex everybody is.

If I were single, as was the case last week, I would say one of the following

a) girlfiend had to fly back to be with Mother[True last week]

b) I am transgender, so not 'Single sex' - and I will sue if you refuse me.

c) I am gay but my partner is heterosexual, so we are not same sex.

I am sure that if one turned the tables on the Staff by asking similar questions it would soon put their hackles up.

Wilding is more fun and free of these hassles.

Geoff

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Get back in there and take a pipe bomb
I just had a google for a 'pink sparkle pipe bomb' hoping to find a silly funny image of a 'bomb' going off sprinkling everyone with pink sparkly stuff (think party-popper) ... but what came up on the search is NOT what I expected at all. :Eeek:

Warning ... do NOT search for it if you don't want to see what it shows! I am now educated to a level I wish I hadn't been!!!! :shake:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I just had a google for a 'pink sparkle pipe bomb' hoping to find a silly funny image of a 'bomb' going off sprinkling everyone with pink sparkly stuff (think party-popper) ... but what came up on the search is NOT what I expected at all. :Eeek:

Warning ... do NOT search for it if you don't want to see what it shows! I am now educated to a level I wish I hadn't been!!!! :shake:
Well you know we all are now going to go look

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well you know we all are now going to go look
You can if you want to ... but trust me ... you do NOT want to! :eek:

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Are we talking about a particular pharmaceutical apparatus, or causing an imbalance to lactobacillus bacteria here?

Note to self: Set up a subscription to the Daily Mail educational supplement.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009

And of course you'll now be flagged on certain 'watch' lists :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back