Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Yep, but in a pub you have the luxury of going inside where it's nice and clean and fresh smelling.

Do you not see the absolute cheek of your post when it comes to smokers?

Do you consider yourself a superior being perhaps whereby the inside and outside of a pub should meet your own personal requirements?

I absolutely agree with you Chris; except the bit about,"where it's nice and clean and fresh smelling." I had the dubious pleasure of entering a couple of "Pub restaurants " the last time I was over; They smelt of toilets,
stale beer-stale food etc; and any laughter was drowned out by the clatter of cutlery by mainly obese customers filling their faces at the "All" you can Devour Buffet,(Buffet in French is slang for scoff)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Yep, but in a pub you have the luxury of going inside where it's nice and clean and fresh smelling.

Do you not see the absolute cheek of your post when it comes to smokers?

Do you consider yourself a superior being perhaps whereby the inside and outside of a pub should meet your own personal requirements?

You have a choice whether to smoke or not; I truly don't care if you do or not but why should non-smokers have to share your smoke?

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
So your OK with smoking pubs, an non smoking pubs(y) the same for campsites/restaurants/etc. ???:) thats one up for Democracy(y) :party2:

Yes - but you'd probably find that smoking and non-smoking areas would be more popular.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Yes - but you'd probably find that smoking and non-smoking areas would be more popular.

Not for smokers it wouldn't; it was tried way back when this whole nonsense started, the result was Patrons-Landlords had the non smokers half of the establishment empty, Because every one wanted to be where the "Fun"was :cool:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Shucks!! another potential customer gone:( I'm not sure where the complaint about dogs came into this thread from, especially involved with Cooking?! It gets weirder buy the minute:confused:

Dogs were mentioned here:
And what if I dislike the smell of your aftershave or dog?
- my obscure reply was badly written but was meant to be a reference to the kind of situation where people don't seem to care about how their actions effect others.

Garlic mentioned by Jaws; I'll try and avoid pitching near him as we often cook with garlic :)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
For many non-smokers, the desire for non-smoking areas is because we dislike the smell of cigarette smoke. I don't care what you do with your money or health but I do care if your smoke affects me.
Wait until you get really old and smell of pee.....You might be glad of a bit of ciggy smoke, especially if you don't like dogs. They hump incontinent peoples legs........... :rofl:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Wait until you get really old and smell of pee.....You might be glad of a bit of ciggy smoke, especially if you don't like dogs. They hump incontinent peoples legs........... :rofl:

Thanks for the warning Tootles; I'll think of you when it happens to me which won't be long now ;)

P.s I do like dogs - but not in the situations I mentioned above which happened three times to us in 12 hrs on a rally recently. Fortunately, all the old geezers at the same rally were smelling of engine oil and steam engine smoke rather than pee :)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Ooooh you are...................etc etc.
Live and let Live is the answer. As a former 40 a day merchant I'm not keen on smoke so I move away. Having a coronary because someone else is risking their health is a pretty nugatory exercise(n)
Nugatory........Bertie's word of the week! :D

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks for the warning Tootles; I'll think of you when it happens to me which won't be long now ;)

P.s I do like dogs - but not in the situations I mentioned above which happened three times to us in 12 hrs on a rally recently. Fortunately, all the old geezers at the same rally were smelling of engine oil and steam engine smoke rather than pee :)
It's live and let live mate. Personally, I cant stand squeaking kids on camp sites. But you have to put up with other peoples. That's the game. Same with Smoking.(y)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Live and let Live is the answer. As a former 40 a day merchant I'm not keen on smoke so I move away. Having a coronary because someone else is risking their health is a pretty nugatory exercise(n)

I still don't care what peeps do to themselves but if I've set up camp and am enjoying a quiet evening outside, I would prefer not to breath in other other people's smoke and I don't want to be forced to move because of their desire to smoke.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
It's live and let live mate. Personally, I cant stand squeaking kids on camp sites. But you have to put up with other peoples. That's the game. Same with Smoking.(y)

I'm trying to visualise a site where the dogs savage the smoking kids whose parents are barbecuing strands of garlic on open coals while running their generators under heavy load. That'll be the Caravan Club then.....not! (y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Broken Link Removed, of no value, of no importance, Broken Link Removed, Broken Link Removed, of no consequence, Broken Link Removed, Broken Link Removed, Broken Link Removed, Broken Link Removed, Broken Link Removed
"a nugatory and pointless observation"

Very good, young All-Sort. Top of the class. :clap::clap: Now, off with you to matron, and regurgitate the school dictionary........(y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I still don't care what peeps do to themselves but if I've set up camp and am enjoying a quiet evening outside, I would prefer not to breath in other other people's smoke and I don't want to be forced to move because of their desire to smoke.
But why should they refrain from carrying out a perfectly legal pastime, because you don't like it?? And you would have to be very close to smell it......Are you trying to say that you dont do stuff that upsets others?? You already said you prepare garlic....Why should someone be enjoying a quite evening outside, but having to put up with your obnoxious eating habits?? You see, it works both ways.....

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years

I was writing this as you wrote your last reply Tootles:

Maybe I am intolerant of other people's actions - but maybe that is because there are people who just don't care about how it effects others or, more commonly, don't know what impact they have. Live and let live is easy to say but it has to be a two way thing.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
We're all intolerant of something at sometime so you're not alone matty but having lived a life of full on confrontation all many of us on here want to do is enjoy life without hassle!(y)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We're all intolerant of something at sometime so you're not alone matty but having lived a life of full on confrontation all many of us on here want to do is enjoy life without hassle!(y)

Totally agree. Hence my posts did not say that I wanted smokers to stop smoking. I've simply said that I don't want to share the smoke.

And please, should any of you have the misfortune to camp downwind of me when I am cooking garlic, please come and tell me that you don't like it and I'll find a solution that we can both enjoy. It might take us a couple of glasses of wine or beer to work it out but I would rather know than find out out later that you've suffered in silence.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Totally agree. Hence my posts did not say that I wanted smokers to stop smoking. I've simply said that I don't want to share the smoke.

And please, should any of you have the misfortune to camp downwind of me when I am cooking garlic, please come and tell me that you don't like it and I'll find a solution that we can both enjoy. It might take us a couple of glasses of wine or beer to work it out but I would rather know than find out out later that you've suffered in silence.

Keeps Vlad away what can possibly be wrong with garlic!:D

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I was writing this as you wrote your last reply Tootles:

Maybe I am intolerant of other people's actions - but maybe that is because there are people who just don't care about how it effects others or, more commonly, don't know what impact they have. Live and let live is easy to say but it has to be a two way thing.
.....And two way involves you as well, not just them.
Really mate, I could understand if it was a mega important thing, like the guy in the next pitch glowing green with radio active waste in his pocket, or a large Arab from IS using your MH to sight in his rocket launcher. But this is just about you being tolerant to someone else's habit, as they are of yours.. Smoking is legal. Eating garlic is legal. So what??

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
.....And two way involves you as well, not just them.
Really mate, I could understand if it was a mega important thing, like the guy in the next pitch glowing green with radio active waste in his pocket, or a large Arab from IS using your MH to sight in his rocket launcher. But this is just about you being tolerant to someone else's habit, as they are of yours.. Smoking is legal. Eating garlic is legal. So what??

What part of "Hence my posts did not say that I wanted smokers to stop smoking. I've simply said that I don't want to share the smoke" wasn't clear? It is a statement and nothing to do with legality. I am tolerant of other people's habits - but that does not mean that I want to share it.

Good night.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sorry mate, but this roundabout is getting circular........Whatever strokes your fur. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back