No signal to my Skybox hd+ via Cytrax dx (1 Viewer)

Clipper

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
North of Bristol
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
I get a signal via other sat receivers and programs It was working last time I used it in the motorhome I have updated my cytrax still no signal the sky box.The other boxes work.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
So try the Sky HD box on another dish.. If it then does not work it's tattered.... (y)
Lots for sale cheap as many people now moving to Sky Q...

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Check the connections on your satellite cables they can work loose and thus no signal(y)(y)(y)

OP
OP
Clipper

Clipper

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
North of Bristol
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
I have checked all the cables and I get a good signal also my Edision receiver works ok full programmes

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
works in home Tonka

I was going to suggest do you have other receivers connected to your home dish as these could be powering the LNB, if so take them off the system. Around here used receivers are about £10 so depends how much messing about you want to do.
BUT I can see the challenge of getting it sorted (y)

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Good morning Clipper,

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Firstly can I ask how many coax feeds you are plugging into the Sky receiver?
With a Sky HD box they have two input terminals on the rear of the box (input 1 and input 2). My first thought would be (if you are only using 1 cable input) to make sure that you are in input 1. It might sound silly but because input two is on the left a lot of people just screw into that one assuming (like a normal person) that it's input 1. Input 2 is used for recording purposes so will not give you a primary TV signal.
Also, if you are only using the 1 input then some Sky HD boxes need to be put into "Single feed mode" before they will operate on just one input feed. If you want to check to see if that helps then a step by step guide can be found here: https://skyepginfo.co.uk/HowToGuides/Single-Feed-Mode.php

If you are using a Twin Cytrac system and have two leads in the back of the Sky box then I would try swapping over the inputs. With a Twin LNB there are actually two independent LNB's in one casing so it is possible that one side of the LNB has gone down.

If none of these work or help you then it's probably best to give me a ring at the office on 01858575928. That way I can get a better idea of what's going on and hopefully fix the problem for you.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
As ever Anthony rides again, what super service.

With a very few exceptions, other manufacturers, dealers, sellers etc need to take note, but hey I live in cuckoo land. :gum:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Clipper

Clipper

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
North of Bristol
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Yes SuperMike Sat-Tech on the case. We couldn't sort over the Phone. Have an appointment Monday morning Anthony going to test the system and sort it for me.
Will let you all know the outcome.
Clipper

OP
OP
Clipper

Clipper

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
North of Bristol
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Hi all Back from Sat-Tech Sat all sorted a faulty Lnb Anthony got to work on the sat first thing this morning. Once again First class service.
Thanks Sat-Tech.
Clipper

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back