dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
Any one got a 2018 boxer when I purchased the boxer was told no service book now done on line. Booked vans first low Milage service and dealer asked for service book . They said I should have a book . What’s your experience on this. Thanks

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
I got one too...

The Boxer isn't due a first service until 2 years / X miles though?

Although I changed the oil and filter just last week on my 2018, I couldn't bear the thought of not doing something in the way of a service in year one :oops:

OP
OP
dshague

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
yes its having a low mileage service oil change and filter at one year old .recommended on my peugeot app for warranty .....

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Had to ask for mine... as the original was 'mislaid'.
Pretty much archaic now as the service record is all online...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Any one got a 2018 boxer when I purchased the boxer was told no service book now done on line. Booked vans first low Milage service and dealer asked for service book . They said I should have a book . What’s your experience on this. Thanks
as far as I know you should still get one. chase the dealer for it, but you can buy them on ebay if not (can even buy them stamped)

OP
OP
dshague

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
Asked again and gess what now got two does anyone want one

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
I was just thinking exactly the same. I never got a service book with my 2018 Boxer either. The base vehicle manual that I got is very very short in detail, apparently if you want the full manual there's an app for the smart phone which is great if you have a smartphone..... which I don't!

An example of the manual being short in detail. The manual states that every time you start the engine you will get a spanner symbol next to the mileage to your next service, which will disappear after a few seconds (just like it is in my Peugeot car) in reality this doesn't happen.
To find out when your next service is due, you have to go into the menus which I didn't find out till tonight. Reading the above I have missed my low mileage service which I knew nothing about, not a happy bunny :madder:
My warranty could be void because I'd missed a service. The supplied manual doesn't even tell you at what mileage your service is due?

Last edited:

Westbarn1

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 25, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMC-T 600
Exp
I had a boxer van from new, register for ‘my Peugeot’ on line, there is a section there for service record, you can add your own extra oil changes.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Not a moho, we purchased a new Seat car in January. No service book supplied with any Seat models it’s all done online via dealers which is OK for the first 3 years of the warranty period then what? Not a problem for those who continue servicing with Seat we have always used our local garage so no service logbook has its drawbacks.

Westbarn1

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 25, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMC-T 600
Exp
Current MH Sprinter based Hymer, no service book, but when I had its first service done I asked for a paper copy of the service record.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
I had a boxer van from new, register for ‘my Peugeot’ on line, there is a section there for service record, you can add your own extra oil changes.
I've emailed the dealer for a service book. I don't know where I stand with regard to my warranty. I missed the service as I was completely unaware of the service schedule. The mileage is now only 6k so I wasn't too concerned about the service, it wasn't until I booked the next hab' service that I asked the question about the base vehicle service schedule which she conveniently didn't answer my question. She did tell me that I HAD to use a Peugeot service centre even though it's a 90 mile round trip to one. My local independent garage which I've used for 18 years can accommodate commercial vehicles can't be used apparently.

OP
OP
dshague

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
still got a spare service book if any one wants it .message me its free

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
still got a spare service book if any one wants it .message me its free
Many thanks for the offer. The dealer has ordered one for us, she said it should be with us in a couple of weeks. She advised us that the first service is due at 25k or two years. No mention of a low mileage first service though(y)

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
Some interesting reading there. A couple of observations though.
Firstly re service book. In 2015 I bought a Bailey Autograph Approach 750, 2014 registered, from 1 of my brothers who had bought it new from Perthshire Caravans. No service book, he had never been issued 1 and had been argueing to get 1 from new. I carried on at Perthshire whose angle was it is all digitally recorded. True but as I kept saying in the future if I was selling, the prospective buyer would naturally want to see a service book stamped. Albeit there were receipts but that is not for any dealer to decide as a private buyer may well not have access to the system the dealer uses. One eventually arrived and during my selling the van process everyone showing interest naturally asked to see it. If I went to P Caravans and asked to view service details of a vehicle I was thinking of buying I know their response would be along the lines of `DATA Protection and we cant disclose that`!
I noticed above someone saying to online record your own servicing for warranty purposes. I dont think any Manufacturer would take any cognicance of a self done service and would only entertain work done at least via a VAT registered authorised repairer/garage. Could be wrong but we all know what warranties/gaurantees and insurance are like.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Mine was bought new in 2013 and came with a service book but even the main dealer stopped stamping that after the first couple of visits giving me an expensive invoice to cherish. I just keep the detailed service bills from my local garage now I've given up on the main dealer.

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
Quite right. Once warranty is covered wouldnt give them time of day!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You can buy service booklets on Ebay, they're only a couple of quid I think - we bought one for our previous Smart ForTwo as it didn't have one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back