No probs in France (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Friday as we stopped for lunch just north of Bordeaux and I noticed we had a drip, looked under the bonnet and the fuel filter housing was leaking slightly ( a common problem on X250's for those that don't know). I decided it wasnt leaking too badly but needed sorting so managed to get to a Fiat professional dealer In Bordeaux who confirmed my diagnosis and promptly fitted a new filter and housing for me. A fair price and good service as I have experienced before in France.

Jon

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Friday as we stopped for lunch just north of Bordeaux and I noticed we had a drip, looked under the bonnet and the fuel filter housing was leaking slightly ( a common problem on X250's for those that don't know). I decided it wasnt leaking too badly but needed sorting so managed to get to a Fiat professional dealer In Bordeaux who confirmed my diagnosis and promptly fitted a new filter and housing for me. A fair price and good service as I have experienced before in France.

Jon
Was it the plastic filter housing? Ours has the aluminium one which was supposed to cure this.

The price seems reasonable to me. The parts alone must be well over £100 in this country.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
The one I was in,in Poitiers, was 108€/hr for motorhomes. No idea whether it was including or plus vat?
Usually the price includes the VAT, only when you ask for a quote price is not with VAT. There's another line only for VAT

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
OUCH !!!! £80.00 for a filter & 5 mins to fit DIY.
But where do you get one in the middle of France. I was quoted more than that on a Scottish trip and would have had to wait a couple of days for delivery, and when I checked it was for a replacement inner filter not the assembly. I nursed it home and preordered one from e Bay, 1 hr tops to replace

Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
I had the filter housing leak problem on our 250 and now in a 290 I still have to use a satnav to see the km/he speed I'm doing. It amazes me Fiat is such an old company and cannot make good reliable fuel filter sub systems and speedos.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back