Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
Hi any ideas the leisure battery's on my motorhome have gone flat I have plugged into mains electric but still have no power thanks

Not even a glimmer of light on internal lights? Maybe your master switch has tripped itself off - will be situated next to the leisure batteries or main trip circuit breakers on your distribution board 12v. ? Look for any circuit breakers tripped off?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
F

Fitzy

Free Member
Jan 25, 2017
Romiley
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbief
Cheers just going back in to have a look around It's plugged in to mains but it's not charging batteries

OP
OP
F

Fitzy

Free Member
Jan 25, 2017
Romiley
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbief
There doesn't seem to be an option it's a burstner elegance

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Is there anything to confirm that the EHU is connected and live? Can you run a mains device from a socket?
If not, maybe the trip has switched it off and you'll need to discover why.

OP
OP
F

Fitzy

Free Member
Jan 25, 2017
Romiley
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbief
The EHU is connected and the indicator light is lit the sockets are not working the trip switch is on the red volt meter is flashing red

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
hopefully it will be very obvious when found, but most likely as said above where the incoming mains is will be breakers / trips, check there first

When was it last OK? whats happened since?

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Are you at home or on a site? Are you sure there is power in the EHU?

Alex Black

Free Member
Dec 20, 2016
Fife scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built. Knaus.
Exp
Scince 2010
When that happened to our van it was a 20 amp fuse. It blew because the batteries were completly flat and when I plugged in it surged and blew the fuse. Replaced it and all was well..

try that.

ab

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I think the Burstner range use the same Reich controller we have, try switching it off and back on again, once you have found it o_O might be outside locker, but will probably look like this

IMG_4076.JPG

the switch on ours is bottom left, I have had to reset mine a couple of times

but this wouldn't really explain why you have no power at sockets, I still think something is tripped on the incoming mains

OP
OP
F

Fitzy

Free Member
Jan 25, 2017
Romiley
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbief
Thanks for all your help will have another look tomorrow

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I'm not familiar with your van but it would seem that a miniature circuit breaker has tripped to stop your mains sockets from working. The MCB should be alongside the main trip switch (RCD breaker). All switches should be 'up' ('on').
It would be interesting to know if there is any life from your fridge. (Probably not, because your your batteries have insufficient charge to power the control circuits.)
If you are correct about your habitation batteries being flat, their reduced voltage will prevent any 12V circuits from switching on (the control panel is trying to prevent irreparable damage).
Can you find the charger? It may be that a surge has stopped it from charging. There could be a reset button or it may need a fuse replaced. It may have an indicator light if it's working (but it seems, to me, that it's probably not).
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Good luck with finding the cause,
You can always ring Sargeant UK or visit their website (assuming your control panel is a Sargent one ? )
Let us all know the outcome please.
Mitch

OP
OP
F

Fitzy

Free Member
Jan 25, 2017
Romiley
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbief
No been working away so I'm going to try and sort it tomorrow will let u know cheers

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Well - one or two maybe but it doesn't look like it's a very urgent matter eh! as perhaps I thought originally :)

OP
OP
F

Fitzy

Free Member
Jan 25, 2017
Romiley
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbief
Well yes it is I'm going away next wed unfortunately been working away so will be spending tomorrow on it I assume you thought I was on a site

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Well yes it is I'm going away next wed unfortunately been working away so will be spending tomorrow on it I assume you thought I was on a site

Yep - I did and possibly others - am sure you'll get it sorted with plenty of time now :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back