LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
always read the small print....many years ago (before emails) my insurance policy for a campervan came through the post with the exclusion that it wasnt covered for being slept in :confused:

when getting quotes for my current van one insurer wanted it garaged overnight ::bigsmile:

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I took a similar approach with my household insurance.
I fitted an alarm to the house, but have not declared this on the policy, as if I did, it might have a minor reduction in premium, but if it is not armed or out of service, my policy could be voided....
I'm happy to have the alarm to make my house less likely to be burgled, but not as a means to allow the insurer to welch on paying out

Deleted User
Does anyone know if this genuine or is it yet more fakebook cr+p. As mentioned previously the questioned asked by insurance companies is 'where is the vehicle normally parked'. What if the owner was parked outside a friends house when visiting, would the insurance be invalid. I feel that if this story is genuine we would have heard it from many sources, forums, press etc and not just from facebook.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
If you have declared your vehicle as being on the drive check on Streetview or Google Earth....if it's there ok.....remember the Ins Co can do the same......not absolute proof but might help you (or not)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Please stick to the facts.
The facts are simple with a decent company.I insure it for use 24/7 ,365 There is no night It would more than likely be in use. If so & at night it would be parked in a secure gated& security controlled site. As longas they pay out they haven't a problem.
I took a similar approach with my household insurance.
I fitted an alarm to the house, but have not declared this on the policy, as if I did, it might have a minor reduction in premium, but if it is not armed or out of service, my policy could be voided....
I'm happy to have the alarm to make my house less likely to be burgled, but not as a means to allow the insurer to welch on paying out
You have a problem then.
By not telling them you have an alarm, they will not pay out due to the fact that they consider that an alarm would indicate to potential thieves that there is something worth stealing. Therefore they would have increased/decreased your premium if you told them but will again use it as a way to negate payment.

Insurance in the UK used to be quite simple As it still is where I live.
No conditions . I insure it ,it gets stolen/damaged /etc; they pay out.
No specific place for it to be; no 'named drivers, no mileage restrictions .No "its been modified", no "have you 2,3 X amount of keys.( this always makes me laugh in the Uk as I normally have at least 3 sets ) Nothing. All they require is a police report that it was stolen or photo's of damage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
If you have declared your vehicle as being on the drive check on Streetview or Google Earth....if it's there ok.....remember the Ins Co can do the same......not absolute proof but might help you (or not)
Wouldn't help me as the Google Earth maps where I live are more than 5 years old and Streetview image was taken in 2009.

swiftsteve

LIFE MEMBER
May 16, 2018
kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral S 680 ST
Exp
Since 2008, with a gap between 2013 and 2018.
It's a motorhome Oh Please!, what happens if it's stolen from a campsite? Take legal advise. The form probably asked "where is the vehicle usually parked overnight", surely that don't mean you can never park elsewhere.
I haven't even got a drive on google earth, or a motorhome, and my vehicle is a 2002 xsara picasso.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back