No output signal from teleco box to tv (1 Viewer)

Dave110

Free Member
Mar 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
CI Carrioca 705
I have a teleco flatsat easy system fitted to my van, it locks onto astra 28 no problem however the TV displays no signal on the screen! For fault diagnosis I have disconnected the LNB cable and also the feed cable to the TV and connected them together directly (after locking onto the satellite) and the TV works fine. When the cables are attached to the teleco box no signal is received at the TV. The software is up to date and I have checked the connections, the problem seems to be no output signal from the box to the tv. I have emailed Teleco for advice but not heard anything yet, has anyone else had this issue?

OP
OP
D

Dave110

Free Member
Mar 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
CI Carrioca 705
There is a fuse on the Teleco box, accessible from the outside of the box.
Worth checking if you haven't already.

Richard.
Thanks Richard, the fuse is OK and just isolates power from the system

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
The Teleco box needs power all the time in order to "pass through" the Sat signal. If it has a constant feed then it may be faulty and not passing the signal. Worth a full power down and restart in case it has had a wobble. Hard to test properly with a good meter.

OP
OP
D

Dave110

Free Member
Mar 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
CI Carrioca 705
The Teleco box needs power all the time in order to "pass through" the Sat signal. If it has a constant feed then it may be faulty and not passing the signal. Worth a full power down and restart in case it has had a wobble. Hard to test properly with a good meter.
Thanks for the reply, I've tried a full power down as well as taking the fuse out and the fault remains

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Thanks for the reply, I've tried a full power down as well as taking the fuse out and the fault remains
Have you confirmed a constant 12v feed to the unit? If so then sadly it may have a fault.

OP
OP
D

Dave110

Free Member
Mar 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
CI Carrioca 705
Have you confirmed a constant 12v feed to the unit? If so then sadly it may have a fault.
Yes there is a constant 12v feed so it's looking like a faulty unit, I'm currently looking online for somewhere that would be able to fix it as they are extremely expensive to replace, if anyone has any recommendations??

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Yes there is a constant 12v feed so it's looking like a faulty unit, I'm currently looking online for somewhere that would be able to fix it as they are extremely expensive to replace, if anyone has any recommendations??
Sorry to read that. Scan Terieur import them and are a good bunch, first stop would be a chat with them. https://www.scan-terieur.com
If the cost is silly then you can always fit a simple "A and B" splitter to the feed, "A" goes to the Teleco whilst it is searching, once found you select "B" and that goes to the TV / Sat receiver. https://www.pulsat.com/products/Manual-Two%2dWay-A{47}B-Satellite-LNB-Switch.html

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
When you checked it connected directly, did you use the same cable? Have you eliminated all possible cable breaks from suspicion?

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Vansflyer ....great idea to use an A/B switch as a workaround.

I use an A/B switch to alternate between my sky box (for Astra 2) or inbuilt TV decoder (for all other satellites). Works well.

OP
OP
D

Dave110

Free Member
Mar 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
CI Carrioca 705
When you checked it connected directly, did you use the same cable? Have you eliminated all possible cable breaks from suspicion?
Thanks for replying, yes all cables checked and proved by disconnecting from the control box once locked onto the satellite and directly connecting the two cables bypassing the box and all works ok

OP
OP
D

Dave110

Free Member
Mar 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
CI Carrioca 705
Sorry to read that. Scan Terieur import them and are a good bunch, first stop would be a chat with them. https://www.scan-terieur.com
If the cost is silly then you can always fit a simpieurle "A and B" splitter to the feed, "A" goes to the Teleco whilst it is searching, once found you select "B" and that goes to the TV / Sat receiver. https://www.pulsat.com/products/Manual-Two%2dWay-A{47}B-Satellite-LNB-Switch.html
Thanks for that great idea, I tried a normal splitter which didn't work will have to source a switched one, the one you tagged is no longer available unfortunately. I received an email from teleco today and they've also given me contact details for Scan Terieur so will contact them tomorrow also, thanks!

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for replying, yes all cables checked and proved by disconnecting from the control box once locked onto the satellite and directly connecting the two cables bypassing the box and all works ok

Thanks for that great idea, I tried a normal splitter which didn't work will have to source a switched one, the one you tagged is no longer available unfortunately. I received an email from teleco today and they've also given me contact details for Scan Terieur so will contact them tomorrow also, thanks!
I'm guessing a simple splitter won't work as the LNB needs power and band switching signals. Another alternative might be to install a twin LNB and feed one output to the control box and the other to the decoder. No idea if the dish will take a twin LNB or if this is cheaper than the other options. At least it will be fully automatic.

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
I'm guessing a simple splitter won't work as the LNB needs power and band switching signals. Another alternative might be to install a twin LNB and feed one output to the control box and the other to the decoder. No idea if the dish will take a twin LNB or if this is cheaper than the other options. At least it will be fully automatic.
A power passing splitter would work as long as the Tv isn't sending power up the cable whilst the Teleco is "hunting". Some Tv's / Sat receivers power the LNB in standby mode. Also the switches tend to loose less signal as it is "one or the other" and not both. A twin LNB would work for sure but a less than simple job for the wiring at a guess.

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
No problem.
These people made them, they may give you a steer if still available. I will ring my old trade supplier to see if they have one kicking around somewhere. At the very worst you could fit a barrel back to back connector on the feed to the Tv and fit a "fast F" on the feed from the dish. So swopping would be real fast, you will get some losses but they are tiny. We used Fast F connectors for years on our test equipment, I may still have a few kicking around ;-)

OP
OP
D

Dave110

Free Member
Mar 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
CI Carrioca 705
Rang the trader, they haven't seen a sat switch in years so you may have a hunt on your hands. Good luck.
I've got something arriving this afternoon from amazon which I hope will do the trick, will let you know how I get on 🤞

OP
OP
D

Dave110

Free Member
Mar 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
CI Carrioca 705
Great news, A B splitter switch arrived this afternoon. I have fitted it and all is working!! Thank-you all for your great advice and help 😁

Attachments

• 16160883434799057960931932541212.jpg
    16160883434799057960931932541212.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 28

SteveNotlob

Free Member
May 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
Caravan
I am having exactly the same problems. Updated software to see if it would solve it but sadly not. I had a quick look inside the controller box (I'm an Electronics Engineer so I would hope I know what I am doing :) ) but nothing obvious. It appears that after the controller has locked onto the satellite that the LNB voltage from the controller drops and the tuner should pass the voltage from the receiver through to the LNB - this is not happening. I suspect either the tuner loop-through is faulty, the LNB power IC (this has 2 outputs to the tuner) or the logic controls somewhere along the line.
I never tested the unit with the controller open as it has been raining hard up here recently and the whole system is off the 'van at the moment so I don't have shelter from the elements to test.
I have just ordered an automatic switch which gives priority to Input A until power is lost from there then switches to input B.
I will connect input A to the controller so this has priority pass-through to the LNB when the unit is searching for the satellites then when the 'fault' occurs and the LNB voltage disappears then it SHOULD switch over to the receivers input.
Sounds simple, let's hope it works! I will keep you informed.
Regards, Steve

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
I am having exactly the same problems. Updated software to see if it would solve it but sadly not. I had a quick look inside the controller box (I'm an Electronics Engineer so I would hope I know what I am doing :) ) but nothing obvious. It appears that after the controller has locked onto the satellite that the LNB voltage from the controller drops and the tuner should pass the voltage from the receiver through to the LNB - this is not happening. I suspect either the tuner loop-through is faulty, the LNB power IC (this has 2 outputs to the tuner) or the logic controls somewhere along the line.
I never tested the unit with the controller open as it has been raining hard up here recently and the whole system is off the 'van at the moment so I don't have shelter from the elements to test.
I have just ordered an automatic switch which gives priority to Input A until power is lost from there then switches to input B.
I will connect input A to the controller so this has priority pass-through to the LNB when the unit is searching for the satellites then when the 'fault' occurs and the LNB voltage disappears then it SHOULD switch over to the receivers input.
Sounds simple, let's hope it works! I will keep you informed.
Regards, Steve
A simple thing... the controller box needs 12v after it has located the Sat or it won't pass the signal through to the receiver. Obviously the receiver controls the voltage and 22k tone but I guess the controller needs to keep the "link" open? Worth a thought / dig around? Good luck.

SteveNotlob

Free Member
May 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
Caravan
A simple thing... the controller box needs 12v after it has located the Sat or it won't pass the signal through to the receiver. Obviously the receiver controls the voltage and 22k tone but I guess the controller needs to keep the "link" open? Worth a thought / dig around? Good luck.
I believe you have misunderstood the message. Nowhere does it state I (or the other user) have removed the 12v supply. The problem is that after the controller has located the satellite and locked on to it then the LNB supply drops (as you would expect) BUT the pass-through is not happening, therefore the receiver LNB voltage is NOT being passed to the LNB.
Thanks for your post and we appreciate all the help.
Regards, Steve

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
I didn't misunderstand, I was merely pointing out that if the unit did loose the 12v the pass through doesn't work. I hope you find a fix other than the A / B switch / Auto switch, again... good luck.

NorthernSteve

Free Member
May 18, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet.
SOLUTION FOUND - Install the below from PULSAT.COM.
Master goes to Teleco Easy Sat. SatView attachment 498147 Dish goes to....the dish! and Slave goes to your digital satellite TV Receiver box. You will require a short coax patch lead to go from the switch to the Teleco Easy Sat. Works perfect. As soon as the Easy Sat locks on to the satellite and the LNB voltage drops, the switch then automatically switches over to satellite receiver :)
Digiality Smart Priority SwitchDIGISMRTSPS1£18.95 GBP
£18.95 GBP

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back