No other brits (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
on this campsite in jesolo there must be 100 vans and we are the only Brits, they are from all over Europe, and another thing , most have got rolled up hookup cables:rolleyes:

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Interesting thread, we have been on the road for about 6 weeks going through the Alps, Down to Camarqe and currently in Calpe and in all that time staying on a variety of Aires,Sites,France Passions,we have only seen 2 UK registered MH's,however,we haven't had the opportunity to speak to one other U.K. Person.

PS: We are Sociable but you can't be Sociable if there isn't anyone to be Sociable with.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we have covered 4500 miles so far, only seen 2 UK MH's and one UK van on whole journey through Denmark, Sweden and Norway

have spoken to an English lady who approached us in her dutch registered MH, after a while she told us your English is good, then pointing out she had approached us as she thought we were dutch due to yellow rear plate :)

English girl married a dutch man who died suddenly and young, now working out what to do by driving round Scandanavia on her own, she has been away for 4 months already, no planned return date

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
we have covered 4500 miles so far, only seen 2 UK MH's and one UK van on whole journey through Denmark, Sweden and Norway

have spoken to an English lady who approached us in her dutch registered MH, after a while she told us your English is good, then pointing out she had approached us as she thought we were dutch due to yellow rear plate :)

English girl married a dutch man who died suddenly and young, now working out what to do by driving round Scandanavia on her own, she has been away for 4 months already, no planned return date
"Denmark, Sweden, Norway?" I'm not surprised you haven't seen many British, most of us opt for some sunshine, not even more rain and cold :LOL: no offence.

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Interesting thread, we have been on the road for about 6 weeks going through the Alps, Down to Camarqe and currently in Calpe and in all that time staying on a variety of Aires,Sites,France Passions,we have only seen 2 UK registered MH's,however,we haven't had the opportunity to speak to one other U.K. Person.

PS: We are Sociable but you can't be Sociable if there isn't anyone to be Sociable with.
We've had the same experience but now in Spain and the number of British vans has increased significantly in fact the total number vans has increased significantly!

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We were up there earlier this year and whilst in Sweden people asked what are Brits doing here they usually go South hardly saw another Brit in the thirteen weeks in Scandinavia! Great place to go though(y)(y)(y)(y)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Must be plenty of Brits in Spain because every sailing on Brittany Ferries from Portsmouth to Spain is fully booked up to the end of Sept,,BUSBY.

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
"Denmark, Sweden, Norway?" I'm not surprised you haven't seen many British, most of us opt for some sunshine, not even more rain and cold :LOL: no offence.

We went to Norway in 1987, in the days when you could catch a ferry from Newcastle to Bergen. I have spent every day since then wanting to go back because it's fabulous. It will have to wait until I retire though because it now means a long trek to get there, although I shall enjoy ambling up through Holland, Denmark and Sweden.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Plenty over Hayling today, went for a bike ride and there must have been 20+ MHs along the beach.
Also see a couple of NL vans parked up in the car park.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Shorts and T shirt every day bar one of the past 30 days. Maybe not Benidorm temps but always above mid teens and barely any rain

None taken BTW (y)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Shorts and T shirt every day bar one of the past 30 days. Maybe not Benidorm temps but always above mid teens and barely any rain

None taken BTW (y)
Sorry David but mid teens is not in my definition of warm.

Glad you re having a nice time though.

Lots of british (possibly a few too many) in Spain. Lovely weather by coast but cool night up at Cuenca 2c this morning. Brrrrrr!!!

Jon

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
We went to Norway in 1987, in the days when you could catch a ferry from Newcastle to Bergen. I have spent every day since then wanting to go back because it's fabulous. It will have to wait until I retire though because it now means a long trek to get there, although I shall enjoy ambling up through Holland, Denmark and Sweden.

Couldn't agree more - we went over there on a motorbike on that ferry back in the mid 90's, loved it, fabulous country. Like you it's high on the list of places to visit once retired (only 15 years to go.........). Such a shame the ferry stopped.

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011

That would do me very nicely. I can't stand it much above the low 20s.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
funnily enough as we crossed over the arctic circle, one of the claims was that the temperatures regularly reach -30C in winter, but equally regularly reach +30C in summer :)(y)

and apart rom after a few too many you wont see these in Spain (y) watched in middle of night outside in my jarmies at well over 2C :)

IMG_3899.JPG

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
funnily enough as we crossed over the arctic circle, one of the claims was that the temperatures regularly reach -30C in winter, but equally regularly reach +30C in summer :)(y)

and apart rom after a few too many you wont see these in Spain (y) watched in middle of night outside in my jarmies at well over 2C :)

View attachment 186606
Well now you have showed me a photo there is no need for me to make the long journey in the hope of seeing them,,,,As Morcombe and Wise sang Give me sunshine,,BUSBY:D2:D2:D2

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
Maybe a bit too far for some, I just done 8k plus in Nordic countries can't wait too get back weather ok warm the only bad weather up in mts on way to Narvik? You can keep crowded Northern Europe note the blue sky , behind the Viking burial mounds
IMG_3592.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back