No need for C1 medical for 12 months (3 Viewers)

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I suggest you go straight to the DVLA online formal complaints procedure. Several Funsters have found they get a quick response from this system, probably because it will be logged as a formal Government complaint. Don’t bother with letters, emails and phone calls.

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
I suggest you go straight to the DVLA online formal complaints procedure. Several Funsters have found they get a quick response from this system, probably because it will be logged as a formal Government complaint. Don’t bother with letters, emails and phone calls.
Tried that a week back, not even had the decency to respond to that, apart from automated email with a reference number.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Tried that a week back, not even had the decency to respond to that, apart from automated email with a reference number.
Earlier in the year I got a proper response a couple days after receiving the automated response and reference number. New documents arrived a few days after this (V5C rather than C1 application).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Earlier in the year I got a proper response a couple days after receiving the automated response and reference number. New documents arrived a few days after this (V5C rather than C1 application).
Thanks, can only hope, but won't be holding my breath,
Joe

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I know doctors will charge different amounts for full Medicals but what sort of price have you been charged to have your own doctor?
I will try to phone my doc tomorrow (if I can get through) to ask but look forward to hearing from you.
I will be 70 at the beginning of April and will hopefully be applying to keep my C1 soon.
thanks

I paid £80 which did not include the sight test. As my eye exam was due anyway they did the form for free.

I am not 70 but have underlying medical conditions. The DVLA really messed up my entitlement and my license says I have B, C1+E, C+E and full motorbike license plus the usual road roller etc etc. No +E for a car though! As I am covered for the B and the C1 (which I am entitled to) I wasn't going to rock the boat having waited over a year for the go ahead.

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Sent forms in 10 weeks ago no reply so asked my doctor for a letter saying fit to drive which he did for me rang insurance company to check if this would be ok for me to drive after my licence expires on Saturday. Lady from comfort said no problem as the DVLA have the forms.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back