No more motorhoming :( (2 Viewers)

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
A real shame but Jim my father inlaw has finally given up motorhoming aged 81:Sad: He bought a 2013 nu venture rio in february and its still showing less than 1,000 miles on the clock. Jim has to load in and out the mobility scooter for his wife but feels he cannot manage it anymore:Sad: [HI]Jim asked me to contact the dealer he got it from to see what they would give him, Jim paid just over £40,000 with extras, today the dealer offered him £25,000:cry:[/HI] Jane and I will now be buying the motorhome from Jim. Woody our little motorhome will be going on ebay in a couple of weeks time.

Jim & his wife have had motorhomes all their life starting out with an old ambulance which they used to pack the 9 kids in to:ROFLMAO: (our number plate came off that ambulance):thumb: without the 9 kids they visited Europe and even motorhomed in New Zealand:thumb: such a shame their calling it a day:Sad: but seeing him go over roundabouts rather than round them I do understand:RollEyes:

Rob&Jane
Some of these dealers need ^%^&* ing!
All that money lost for 1000 miles is terrible.
Why could the dealer not have bought it back for 5k less and marked it back up as a demonstrator and sold it for a little less.
I am glad I am not in the business of retailing MH`s because I would never sleep at night.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Some of these dealers need ^%^&* ing!
All that money lost for 1000 miles is terrible.
[HI]Why could the dealer not have bought it back for 5k less and marked it back up as a demonstrator and sold it for a little less.[/HI]
I am glad I am not in the business of retailing MH`s because I would never sleep at night.

Couple of possible reasons.
1. It would have Rob's FiL on the DVLA records as owner.
2. Trading Standards would have a field day if they caught the dealer selling fraudulently.

Whatton

Free Member
Apr 30, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Regarding,,, Name and Shame.... It`s a non starter... :Blush:

Anybody naming the so called dealers on open forum, would leave yourselves and especially Jim the ring leader open to a "Libel Case"...

In what way is it libelous to state a fact?

The "named dealer" offered the quoted amount for the van, fact. Nothing libelous in the statement.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Rob,
Sad to hear Jim is giving up his M/H
Thoroughly enjoyed his company at his Last meet.
Wish him all the best in his retirement from m/H ing.

The Gnomeahome should sell well as I don't believe you've over used it
most nights your out till 5am (Or Jane is) so hardly ever slept in.

The Dealer?
Well you must be careful there but I suppose if the name was smiff
and the area Slipped out with smiff Mis Spelled Psmithh
people could draw their own conclusions.

Or Not:whatthe::whatthe:

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
good luck with the sale of your motorhome, there was an r reg similar to yours going for just under 10k at lincoln

Hi Gail,
An R reg whats that 1977/78, ours is 02 which can be driven round London,

also 4 burner hob, bench loo not the one where you have to poo in a cupboard with your feet hanging out:ROFLMAO:

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Hi Gail,
An R reg whats that 1977/78, ours is 02 which can be driven round London,

[HI]also 4 burner hob, bench loo not the one where you have to poo in a cupboard with your feet hanging out[/HI]:ROFLMAO:

And what's wrong with that?!! :ROFLMAO:

As another Nu Venture owner I'm really interested in seeing the new one, and also to know how well Woody sells on ebay. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Oh no !!!!
Does that mean you will be giving up the ice cream selling business ?

Don't worry Jaws we're moving on to better things now, just one cornetto give it to me delishous ice cream from Puttttaneyy:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back