No more avoiding parking penalties (1 Viewer)

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
If you have to use a car park, enter, pay the fee stated for your duration, then remove your number plates. You are under no obligation to show them on private land, and you are protecting yourself against cloning. Once you leave the car park, you can slip them back on to comply with the road traffic act.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If you have to use a car park, enter, pay the fee stated for your duration, then remove your number plates. You are under no obligation to show them on private land, and you are protecting yourself against cloning. Once you leave the car park, you can slip them back on to comply with the road traffic act.

... many now use ANPR to enforce parking regulations..

also, as I understand it, a public car park comes under the same RTAs as the public highway . ergo, .. you would be breaking the law.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
I understand differently. To make a charge, it has to be private land, a "sign" that everyone seems to have forgot, is the one stating that they are not responsible for any nasties that happen to you while parking there I( i think also illegal or legally incorrect), so they cannot have their cake and eat it.
If the road traffic act DOES apply on private land, then surely that applies to driver training sites, and any other private land.

Obviously it would be easier to comply with their conditions, and forget any request's for MH overnighting on these sites. A good example is Lakeside retail area in Thurrock. There is a large Tesco, with a massive car park , with two hour restriction. All around, are many major retail outlets Comet, PC world Mothercare etc etc with car parks that are unrestricted, better to park in one of those, than in Tesco.......
I have used the "ignore it" method, and while working a few years ago in Basildon, used the "you take it off or i will", both succsessfull, but things are tightening up a bit, although I would, if peeved, take it to the wire::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Im off to the parking appeals office next week for a parking ticket that should never have been issued.

The council even had a cheek to send me photos of the signs correctly displayed which were taked weeks after the offence and a dvd of the alleged offence on the day it occurred that doesnt even show the signage.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If the road traffic act DOES apply on private land, then surely that applies to driver training sites, and any other private land.

No, that is private land with no public right of access.. which is different to private land that has public access, for example, pub car parks, shopping center car parks etc .. where the RTA applies.
For example, you can be arrested for 'drunk in charge' in a pub car park .. but not if you are on private land where there is no public access..

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back