No more Aussie motorhomers??? (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Welllll.. Only if you are gonna work on your motorhome maybe ? :)

No idea who the hell set all the damned figures but it seems to me like it was not thought through very well

They pu a cap on how many skilled workers could get a visa ( and many skills are sadly lacking in the UK ) yet a cursory glance at the legislation seems to indicate if you have no skills you will have no problem getting a visa !
So doors shut in the faces of those the UK needs and thrown open to those without recognisable skills ( so more likely to end up on the dole ? )

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I was just thinking back...
I am quite possibly wrong but about 20 - 30 years ago we looked at emigrating to Oz but was refused ..
Why ? Because my skill set was wrong and did not give us enough points ( Skills declared were varied, from I.T related to motor mechanic, all accredited and backed up with various bits of paper )

What is different now, other than the positions being reversed ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Had the same issue .i was an apprentice served auto electrician .married with one child and wanted a better chance in life.but didn't meet the criteria ,I didn't scream discrimination ,just accepted it unhappily. Now the boot is on the other foot .with loads of silly posturing by those in power in Oz.

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
Can't see it effecting anyone wanting to travel. I don't know of any Aussie motorhomer who travels in England or Europe looking for a job. To open up a can of worms, the Queen is still our head of state and the union jack is still on our flag. Time for a change me thinks!!!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
with loads of silly posturing by those in power in Oz.
Reading the article I gained the impression it was from the Australian version of the Daily Mash :)
For instance, what is "The Australian racing industry in the UK"? I knew we had horse and greyhound racing but never heard of Australian racing :)

It isn't actually a serious article is it?

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Loads of Chinese buying up bakeries
in Oz so that's obviously the new skill set
OZ meat pies delicious way to go

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
You Can't blame Aus in any of this! Maggie T had to shut down immigration from ALL former "Colonies" White ones too.She had to! to stop what was basically uncontrolled immigration from The West Indie, Pakistan, India, Africa, et al!
Aus NZ and Canada reciprocated
Aus and NZ only wants the pick of the crop, totally different from when I arrived there Xmas eve in1971 with only $nz3 in my pocket after serving as a militia man in Aus.
I was bloody lucky!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back