BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Well, that’s it, the end of our MH days!

We started a mere 11 years ago, and went FT for the best part of 10 years!
In that time, we had 2 campervans, 2 C Class, 2 A class, an American RV, a fifth wheel outfit, and a caravan! Left the U.K. for good in 2015, Lived in a villa and an appt in Spain, but life goes on and things and aspirations change! Been there, done that! Sold the last camper last week😉

This forum was invaluable throughout that time, and we have made many freinds, for which I thank you 😘

Now settled in the Algarve, bought a 3 year old large (40’x12.5’) static ‘mobile home’ on the residential part of Alvor camping, got my new car on order, and very happy to settle now.......for a few years at least! ( I expect to see a few of you on your travels when circumstances allow🤷‍♂️....there will always be a cold one in the fridge😉)

I‘ll still lurk, offer any info and advice I can if relevant, and mainly continue to be slightly sarcastic and take the mick.......all in the best possible taste🤣

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Good luck on your new adventure 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Best wishes for the future have stayed at the Alvor campsite every time we go touring in Portugal. love the area especially the fresh fish.

Deleted User

In that time, we had 2 campervans, 2 C Class, 2 A class, an American RV, a fifth wheel outfit, and a caravan! Left the U.K. for good in 2015, Lived in a villa and an appt in Spain, but life goes on and things and aspirations change! Been there, done that! Sold the last camper last week😉

This forum was invaluable throughout that time, and we have made many freinds, for which I thank you 😘

Now settled in the Algarve, bought a 3 year old large (40’x12.5’) static ‘mobile home’ on the residential part of Alvor camping, got my new car on order, and very happy to settle now.......for a few years at least! ( I expect to see a few of you on your travels when circumstances allow🤷‍♂️....there will always be a cold one in the fridge😉)

I‘ll still lurk, offer any info and advice I can if relevant, and mainly continue to be slightly sarcastic and take the mick.......all in the best possible taste🤣

Was the camper that you sold the one that you matriculated onto Portuguese plates?

If so was it RHD and did you have any trouble selling it?

I am nearly at the end of a 3 month ordeal matriculating mine and we will probably try and sell that here when the time comes.

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Was the camper that you sold the one that you matriculated onto Portuguese plates?

If so was it RHD and did you have any trouble selling it?

I am nearly at the end of a 3 month ordeal matriculating mine and we will probably try and sell that here when the time comes.
Yes, and no it was LHD, which was why I bought it in the first place😉
sold via Facebook marketplace to an English couple living here.
......not too many buyers here now tho for obvious reasons, I got lucky🤗
Anything RHD is worth way less🤷‍♂️

Deleted User
Yes, and no it was LHD, which was why I bought it in the first place😉
sold via Facebook marketplace to an English couple living here.
......not too many buyers here now tho for obvious reasons, I got lucky🤗
Anything RHD is worth way less🤷‍♂️

I thought that may be the case, may be worth reimporting to the UK when we decide to sell, I still use my son's address so even if we stay here it would still be possible to re import to the UK, no idea what it would cost though.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
May your new life be long and prosperous, and may you both enjoy a healthy long life. Can I have tea instead of the beer please?

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
May your new life be long and prosperous, and may you both enjoy a healthy long life. Can I have tea instead of the beer please?
You dont know me, do you, W.Bro(😉)

NO.😜

Last edited:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Life’s changes throw up a variety of different directions, Enjoy another retirement expedition.
One of your gatherings led us to meeting a number of new to us funsters who we always try to look for when out and about (the beer festival nr. Sandy). What a few days that was, M managed to introduce a few funster ladies to Fruli, and the pub sold out of it very quickly. A great weekend I will always remember with happiness.
Good luck the two of you.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

Congratulations and enjoy the new life.

Can't wait to see what motorhome you are going to buy next month :rofl:

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Good luck to you both in your new life. (y)

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
I still relax in the chairs i brought off of you in Kent, i had such a good bargain.
Best of luck to you both .

1612884672566.png

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Good luck in your new life! I think it takes some gonads to up sticks completely and reside abroad. :giggle:(y) We’re looking forward to getting back to Lagos and we always enjoy a trip to Alvor for a walk on the boardwalk and beach.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Just stay one step ahead of the grim reaper and continue the process of pickling in alcohol. Then you may last for ever

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Good Luck to you, hope you enjoy being settled there. Watched Mr Henry Cole riding around Portugal probably mostly staged but it looked amazing countryside.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back