No LPG allowed in Tunnel (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
Just been and looked

Oh well that rules looking for them with LPG then, don't want to go by ferry because of our dog, he hates cars, never been in a MH yet, so god knows what he would make of a ferry:pray:

Last edited:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
They should check thats its turned off.
Screenshot_20171010-155248.png

Upvote 0

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
We were asked whether our gas was turned off (it was) but they didn’t check, on our one tunnel crossing so far.

It seems completely irrational to me that a duel fuel vehicle like our previous RV isn’t allowed in the tunnel, even if the LPG fuel tanks are empty and the vehicle is switched to petrol power. But I’m not an expert in such matters.

Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We were asked whether our gas was turned off (it was) but they didn’t check, on our one tunnel crossing so far.

It seems completely irrational to me that a duel fuel vehicle like our previous RV isn’t allowed in the tunnel, even if the LPG fuel tanks are empty and the vehicle is switched to petrol power. But I’m not an expert in such matters.
Presumably they are not technically competent to check every type of gas-powered vehicle to confirm the gas tank is empty? So easier to just say NO. But agree, it's unfortunate, and not entirely logical.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
It seems completely irrational to me that a duel fuel vehicle like our previous RV isn’t allowed in the tunnel
I suspect the reason is that "domestic" LPG is delivered out of the tank as vapour, whereas "motive" LPG is delivered as liquid?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back