No hot water when running on gas - help!! (1 Viewer)

Liftdoctor

Free Member
Oct 13, 2016
LEEDS, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Newbie here [just bought first MH last week!] - Truma Ultrastore heats water when on EHU but fired up the heater on gas today & after 15 minutes still had no hot water out of tap - any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Had a similar problem a few weeks ago - a weak red light was illuminated... Manual suggested might be a glitch in the gas supply.
Recommendation was to turn off the boiler for 10 minutes & turn it back on again.
Worked for me
Try it.

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
A few daft questions first,

You do have gas

Gas is switched on

Does the water flow ok when opening the hot tap.

Is it blow air heating using the boiler or do you have a boiler for water and heater/fire

Does it have a control panel, if so any codes or flashing lights red, Amber or green are the normal

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Liftdoctor

Liftdoctor

Free Member
Oct 13, 2016
LEEDS, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Gas on, vent cover off, control knob to 'flame' icon, heater ignited & giving off both convection & blown air heat. Cannot see any light on the control panel. I do get hot water when I run on the electric hook-up, but not on gas. Water flows very well, but very cold! Enword - cheers for the video - it confirmed my correct operation of the controls. Thank you everyone, for your speedy assistance to rectify my problem - I suppose I'll wash in cold for the time being!

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I'm not sure if yours is the same, if you look at the video the dial on the right normally goes Amber on mine while the water is heating up. If any fault appears it will go red, is your going Amber or any colour. When you put your blow air heating on while on gas you should hear a fan then the boiler firing up, you should also hear this for the water.

Is the boiler accessible as it might have blown a fuse.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Liftdoctor

Liftdoctor

Free Member
Oct 13, 2016
LEEDS, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Thank you, everyone, for your assistance - the MH is lovely & warm now with lots of hot water for a shower, etc.
The problem we were having was the sequence of the process for the provision of heating & hot water!
Ta muchly.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back