No hot water reaching shower. (1 Viewer)

Gary Molloy

Free Member
Aug 23, 2018
Funster No
I heated the water for a shower and it came through for a few minutes and went cold.since then I've tried the shower and just cold water,although hot water is coming to the sink tap.anyone who can help please.thanks.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
It might help if you give details of your make/model of motorhome and shower untit.
What is the shower tap arrangement? Mixer tap or two separate taps? Dedicated shower control or controlled by the bathroom basin taps? Thermostatic water temp control?

OP
OP
G

Gary Molloy

Free Member
Aug 23, 2018
Funster No
Sorry,its a swift motorhome and its a mixer tap in the shower,I have the same tap at the sink and its getting hot water.cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

Gary Molloy

Free Member
Aug 23, 2018
Funster No
Thanks Phil.the 2 Junction valves under the wardrobe were changed as I had a blowout on a tyre and the tyre punched a hole through the wheel arch.so I was thinking could they be the wrong way?and I did have hot water in the shower for a few minutes.i have tried it a couple of times and when on cold the pressure is good,but as soon as I turn to hot it switches off.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
if it was working and then you had something done, and now it doesnt work then ......

i sorted out a similar problem on a static caravan after they had a burst, the plumber had connected up the hot and cold supply together (for some unknown reason !!) they could get hot water to the kitchen sink but not to the shower

OP
OP
G

Gary Molloy

Free Member
Aug 23, 2018
Funster No
The 2 valves under the wardrobe were changed,as they were leaking and heated the water for a shower and the hot water came through for a few minutes,then went cold.since then I can only get cold water in the shower but the sink has hot water.

Attachments

• 20200915_133354.jpg
    20200915_133354.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 54

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
The 2 valves under the wardrobe were changed,as they were leaking and heated the water for a shower and the hot water came through for a few minutes,then went cold.since then I can only get cold water in the shower but the sink has hot water.

they dont appear to be valves, they appear to be standard elbows and tees. so i would suggest the problem isnt there (unless it debris) - is there an inline shut off anywhere between that connection and the shower? if not then the problem might be at the shower valve

OP
OP
G

Gary Molloy

Free Member
Aug 23, 2018
Funster No
I was thinking the problem might be the mixer valve.thanks

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Air lock in the hot system?
if youre getting coldwater when the mixer is set to deliver just hot water, then its unlikely to be an air lock.

if you can remove the pipe that feeds the shower and turn the hot water tap on the sink, you should get hot water through the elbow connection. if so, then you def know its between there and the shower mixer. make sure you have something to catch the water of course - even better if you can fit a small length of pipe so you can direct the water where you want it (or even disconnect it at the shower mixer)

OP
OP
G

Gary Molloy

Free Member
Aug 23, 2018
Funster No
I'm not getting any water when the mixer is turned for hot water,but cold when turned for cold.it could be an air lock preventing the hot water.not sure what it could be,be would a air lock stop the hot water coming through the shower head?

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
if not getting any water then it could be an air lock or the mixer valve has a problem. some have cartridges in which slide, some are simply an apparture in the valve itself.

have you tried leaving the shower on hot water for a few minutes to see if the pump can clear any air lock (turn the pump up to a high setting) also the mixer might have a microswitch on the hot supply that might not be working. can you hear the pump running when the shower is set to hot water (and no other taps are being used)?

OP
OP
G

Gary Molloy

Free Member
Aug 23, 2018
Funster No
I'll try that now and see if it shifts the problem.thanks.appreciate your help.

Deleted User
If the pump is running on hot but you're getting no water it could be going somewhere else. Listen to the pump to hear if the sound changes when using a different tap.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
If you're not actually getting water through, it wont matter if the water is heated or not lol !!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Shower mixer faulty.
You got hot for a while so the hot water is reaching the shower tap.
It's maybe thermostatic and the thermo module has gone t!ts up closing the hot as the module heats up.... And now stuck in the closed position if it only delivers cold from the start.

OP
OP
G

Gary Molloy

Free Member
Aug 23, 2018
Funster No
Tried running the hot water in the shower and the pump doesn't start,cold water yes and hot and cold in the sink.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Sounds like shower mixer. You might be able to dismantle and examine/replace any parts rather than fit new mixer. Thermostatic mixers are great until they stop working !!!

OP
OP
G

Gary Molloy

Free Member
Aug 23, 2018
Funster No
Yes,i'm thinking that too.just drained the water and in the process of taking the mixer out.it could be the micro switch.thanks

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Tried running the hot water in the shower and the pump doesn't start,cold water yes and hot and cold in the sink.
If you get cold at the shower the pump is working, it has to work to deliver ANY water at all.
As its hot and cold at the kitchen it has to be the shower mixer.

OP
OP
G

Gary Molloy

Free Member
Aug 23, 2018
Funster No
can it be replaced?the thermostatic module?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back