burstner argos
Hi this van just keeps giving !
after fixing,
non flushing loo, new solenoid
replacing awning canopy
fixing air con , new capacitors
clearing misfire on engine, throttle body
replacing leisure batteries and chargers, lifepo4, pv and b2b
The one thing that i had thought worked was the heating/hot water, but seems all is not right? when i tested it before i had the heating on
and also got hot water, now i try without heating on and i get no hot water, it is just warmer than the cold but only just? i note that the hot tap splutters for a while before water properly arrives, so thinking must be some drain back somewhere, could this be the cause? when on gas with heating on i can hear fan and smell the exhaust fumes outside, but if i’m only calling for hot water nothing?
Any advice or pointers as to where to start much appreciated
regards bob

Attachments

• 94CBC0A8-94BB-4AFA-8EB6-2D3C7C527FA0.jpeg
    94CBC0A8-94BB-4AFA-8EB6-2D3C7C527FA0.jpeg
    604.4 KB · Views: 16

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
The heating has to be on to provide hot water. The radiator circulation pump does not come on until the inside temperature drops to where it has been set, typically 21 C.
You then have heating!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2013
Dorchester
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2010
The hot water heats up without the central heating but only if the water symbol is fully dark, ie pressing twice on the "shower " icon until the wedge next to it is fully dark.
This mode lasts about 30 minutes and then it reverts to working only when the heating is on.
If you need 2 showers in quick succession then ensure you reselect the full power mode as above.
Jon

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
If you have a in tank type water pump there may be a non return valve on the pump , or there could be a inline non-return valve in the water supply pipe , that is stuck/ faulty .

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
If you type in Alde 3010 control panel instructions there is a post on You Tube showing you how it works. When you have the heating on the water jacket gets hot from the heater output. For hot water only either press the shower sign once for standard or twice for boost. Once it reaches temp it will turn off until you need it again.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Could be failed water thermostat, sounds like the boiler is working otherwise. On my Alde there are two which I think you have. The third is the maximum when circulating hot water for heating, this is only for system safety. From the picture you have everything on maximum, you could try selecting one tap and see what happens.

OP
OP
bobupanddown
Apr 17, 2022
Cadwell Park Circuit, Cawkwell, Louth, UK
Funster No
MH
burstner argos
Hi CTC
my understanding of the controller is on the left bottom setting 1kw electric heater on , mid 2kw heater on , top both on
middle slider gas on or off
right slider
bottom. off
mid heating and hot water
top just hot water
i can test thermostats so will check that thanks bob

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
In your pic you have electric and gas selected. Is it the same with just gas on, and elec off?

Would the water be draining back to the cold tank, so you aren’t actually keeping water in the boiler?

If so possibly failed one way valve by the pump.

OP
OP
bobupanddown
Apr 17, 2022
Funster No
MH
burstner argos
In your pic you have electric and gas selected. Is it the same with just gas on, and elec off?

Would the water be draining back to the cold tank, so you aren’t actually keeping water in the boiler?

If so possibly failed one way valve by the pump.
To be fair i’m not to confident that the immersion heaters are working at all , But i do remember reading the manual online saying to get quick heat up use both gas and electric, It’s a new pump so be a bit disappointed if it’s that , i’m thinking of fitting none return at the boiler to hold water in there?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
To be fair i’m not to confident that the immersion heaters are working at all , But i do remember reading the manual online saying to get quick heat up use both gas and electric, It’s a new pump so be a bit disappointed if it’s that , i’m thinking of fitting none return at the boiler to hold water in there?
Does the new pump have a one way valve? If not that will be your issue.

The one way valve can be anywhere in the system before the boiler, so doesn’t need to be right next to the boiler.

It also doesn’t matter if you have two in the system.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I have the same heating control unit.
I was considering updating it to the latest but from speaking with my guy I use for the alde servicing, I was advised not to bother as this one is bullet proof (🤣)
Everything you’ve listed for the control settings is correct.
To have your dial on the dot between 3 & 4 should give you decent hot water.
My understanding of it is the control switch between gas & electric overrides whatever you have selected on the first slider being 1kw/2kw/3kw (6/10/16amp supply)
Have you checked:
The alde boiler unit (may be under floor behind a panel in garage) has no error light on
Has fluid running through it
Have coolant in system
Trip switches on electrics haven’t triggered
Do yo7 have another control panel to switch on 12v electrics? (I know it’s gas but it will need a 12v feed)
After checking all of that, go to Alde website - they have user manuals for your controller and boiler unit. There maybe a fault finder section. It may point you to thermostat.
If I get chance tonight, I’ll see if I can look for mine.
How long did you wait for the water to heat up before running the tap after switching it all on?
It can take a while for the water to heat but it’s usually quicker on gas than it is on hook up.

OP
OP
bobupanddown
Apr 17, 2022
Funster No
MH
burstner argos
Thanks for all that info Gavlad
i will have a bit of a look tomorrow
The thing is that on gas i feel i should be able to hear the burner on hot water only, just as i can on heating is that correct?

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for all that info Gavlad
i will have a bit of a look tomorrow
The thing is that on gas i feel i should be able to hear the burner on hot water only, just as i can on heating is that correct?
We have the same control panel, I can’t say I’ve noticed hearing the burner when on gas and hot water only.

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
If you have changed the water pump, and it is the in tank type, it may be worth checking it is the correct one , as some pumps , although they seem to be the same, can be supplied with or without a water non-return valve ,

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
bobupanddown I've not had chance to read through the manual recently, but thought I'd photograph and upload the images of the gb pages for you.
This is from the Alde Compact 3010 boiler manual.
There maybe something in here which may be of use for this or for future, or for other members.
Hope you get to the bottom of the problem.

IMG_7276.jpg
IMG_7277.jpg
IMG_7278.jpg
IMG_7279.jpg
IMG_7280.jpg
IMG_7281.jpg
IMG_7282.jpg
IMG_7283.jpg
IMG_7284.jpg
IMG_7285.jpg
IMG_7286.jpg
IMG_7287.jpg
IMG_7288.jpg

IMG_7289.jpg

IMG_7290.jpg

OP
OP
bobupanddown
Apr 17, 2022
Funster No
MH
burstner argos
Ok Bit embarrassed to tell you it seems this was a self inflicted wound,
I ran the tap till water was coming though, then switched it off and put my hand under the main water tank pump , i could feel warm water backing out off the pump.
so looking at my new pump along side the old one i noticed the nine return valve still on the old pipe!
now reinstalled and no spluttering tap and hot hot water.
Sometimes i just trip myself up looking for a big problem
Thanks everyone for a great help
i’ll soon be going camping 🏁😆

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back