No HGV medical required due to covid (1 Viewer)

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
As I’m over 45 yet under 65 I have to have a medical every 5 years to ensure I’m fit to drive and keep my HGV licence.
paperwork came through this morning with the medical form that a doctor fills in as well as the usual form to renue my licence.
unfortunately no covid info included but after contacting DVLA through there text bot service I spoke to an adviser who told me a medical is not required this year but it’s only an extension for 1 year.
Im not sure if this is good or bad, yet I understand why they are doing it.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
As I’m over 45 yet under 65 I have to have a medical every 5 years to ensure I’m fit to drive and keep my HGV licence.
paperwork came through this morning with the medical form that a doctor fills in as well as the usual form to renue my licence.
unfortunately no covid info included but after contacting DVLA through there text bot service I spoke to an adviser who told me a medical is not required this year but it’s only an extension for 1 year.
Im not sure if this is good or bad, yet I understand why they are doing it.
Snap, the letter landed on the mat this morning as well

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Ivory55
Is that for a full C HGV or a C1?

There is another thread about C1 extension.

C1 for over 70 expiring after 31st Dec there is no extension, so renewal is necessary and for those holding a C1 under grandfather rights of having a B licence before 1997 the one year without a medical is not available, one must have the medical, but then get the normal 3 years.

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back