No foreign holidays...... until August? (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Busby my daughters hopefully flying in from alicante on 18th may so perhaps things might be slowly opening up ?🤞🤞🤞🤞

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
<Broken link removed>
My plans ?? stop reading đź‘Ť
Last year it was bad, borders opened 15th June. I watched excitedly as suavecarve took up the chance and made it work.
I realised odds of catching Covid in UK or France was similar. We went in July.
Back at end of August, quarantine at home then Cornwall in September. I adore Cornwall but a repeat of last year fills me with dread. Things will improve like last year.
I will be going to France in July this year.
My thoughts are positive. Why be depressed?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
My plans ?? stop reading đź‘Ť
Last year it was bad, borders opened 15th June. I watched excitedly as suavecarve took up the chance and made it work.
I realised odds of catching Covid in UK or France was similar. We went in July.
Back at end of August, quarantine at home then Cornwall in September. I adore Cornwall but a repeat of last year fills me with dread. Things will improve like last year.
I will be going to France in July this year.
My thoughts are positive. Why be depressed?
I think thats the thing, some of us who have been over there, speak with an amount of knowledge. I am really not sure if anyone who has been over there post June 15th, even through the winter, has said anything like, "Wouldnt do that again" or perhaps someone can point me in the direction of a thread that does say it.

So from what I read, anyone with experience thinks it is a calculated gamble with the odds significantly in their favour and those that havent been disagree, based upon .......... personal circumstances or perception, and both are equally correct for that person.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I think thats the thing, some of us who have been over there, speak with an amount of knowledge. I am really not sure if anyone who has been over there post June 15th, even through the winter, has said anything like, "Wouldnt do that again" or perhaps someone can point me in the direction of a thread that does say it.

So from what I read, anyone with experience thinks it is a calculated gamble with the odds significantly in their favour and those that havent been disagree, based upon .......... personal circumstances or perception, and both are equally correct for that person.
I wouldn’t do it again lol First winter spent here in many many years and wouldn’t choose to do it again and that was in a house lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I wouldn’t do it again lol First winter spent here in many many years and wouldn’t choose to do it again and that was in a house lol
I suspect that if given the option, many UK citizens would have swapped circumstances with you to live in an area the size of Devon, with a quarter of its population, and better scenery when you were allowed out. (y)

But then again they probably wouldnt get a jab !

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I suspect that if given the option, many UK citizens would have swapped circumstances with you to live in an area the size of Devon, with a quarter of its population, and better scenery when you were allowed out. (y)

But then again they probably wouldnt get a jab !
Yep jab here for oldie like me lol I agree it is beautiful here but never spent winters here normally off with the van or in Oz . However if I have to be anywhere indoors in winter here isn’t too bad .
Away with the van for a few days and weather beautiful Sorry :-(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back