No fatties can buy a Hymer Duomobile! (1 Viewer)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
We have been casting envious glances at the smaller Hymer Duomobile model for a while now and thinking that we might splash out on a pimped up model, but have just seen a photo showing a sticker on a bed saying that the single bed weight limit is only 100kg! That might be ok for all you racing snakes out there but at 18 and a half stone that puts me way over the limit and my dear Mrs Bass is perilously close as well. What's that all about Hymer? You have lost a sale and I doubt if every German motorhomer in a land of gorgeous ( but highly fattening) food and beer would scrape under.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Wouldn't that weight limit make it useless for practically any couple having a little "together" time :)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I,m surprised as our Hymer S820 which we have now sold was designed I think by 2 great big fat Germans who had all meals delivered to the van.

The rear transverse double could have fit at least 5 adults up there, then a tiny kitchen area with absolutely no worktop whatsoever.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Wouldn't that weight limit make it useless for practically any couple having a little "together" time :)

There was plenty of''Together time'' passing each other in that tiny kitchen, I swear she got pregnant once in passing.

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I assumed that 101kg would rip the fittings off the wall and the bed would collapse!

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I think they calculate the MIRO using a driver weight of 75kg, so and 100 bed limit seams generous

11 stone something? I thought most Germans (and I'm 25% German so am allowed to say this) were born bigger than that?

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
To hell with it, put your towel on it. Sorry couldn't resist that one.:D

Mickey.

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I love the windscreen cover on your MH. Saw them at Malvern but hubby wouldn't let me get one:cry::cry:
Everyone stares at it and giggles when they see it! We absolutely love it to bits. Get hubby to change his mind!

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Think you be ok...

The 100 kg bit refers to the single bed extension part, and is the same on all DL Hymer with the single bed "foot" bits .

So if you are over 100kg, as long as you don't climb into the bed by putting all your weight on the extension piece all would be well. Frankly if your over 100 kg you'd probably not be flexible enough to climb in that way anyway, it's certainly not the natural way to get in!

Probably more of an issue for the ahem larger person would be the bathroom. You'd not be able to sit on the toilet and have the door shut in the full privacy position as you'd not have room (I'm 65 kg and 5 foot 9' and can only just do it).

By not having the door shut in the full privacy position, your partner would be exposed to your fumes as they lie in bed as there's no separation....

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Think you be ok...

The 100 kg bit refers to the single bed extension part, and is the same on all DL Hymer with the single bed "foot" bits .

So if you are over 100kg, as long as you don't climb into the bed by putting all your weight on the extension piece all would be well. Frankly if your over 100 kg you'd probably not be flexible enough to climb in that way anyway, it's certainly not the natural way to get in!

Probably more of an issue for the ahem larger person would be the bathroom. You'd not be able to sit on the toilet and have the door shut in the full privacy position as you'd not have room (I'm 65 kg and 5 foot 9' and can only just do it).

By not having the door shut in the full privacy position, your partner would be exposed to your fumes as they lie in bed as there's no separation....
:eek:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Think you be ok...

poop-emoji-gif-16.gif

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
11 stone something? I thought most Germans (and I'm 25% German so am allowed to say this) were born bigger than that?
I'm only 65kgs and that is 10 stone so I think you calculation of 11stone something is a bit off 100 kilo is a lot more than that More like 15 3/4 stones anyway those the beds have a pullout and that is the limited bit, the main bed is not marked up with a limit but they are a long way apart anyway, you climb up in between like twin beds.

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I'm only 65kgs and that is 10 stone so I think you calculation of 11stone something is a bit off 100 kilo is a lot more than that More like 15 3/4 stones anyway those the beds have a pullout and that is the limited bit, the main bed is not marked up with a limit but they are a long way apart anyway, you climb up in between like twin beds.
I meant the 75kg calculation for the average drivers weight they use when establishing the carrying capacity, but I think the toilet size has put me off totally now!

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I had a look at the Duomobile, looks like an excellent excersize in form over function, I mean that pedestal sink, water would go everywhere especially from the raised tap, wouldn't it ???

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
I meant the 75kg calculation for the average drivers weight they use when establishing the carrying capacity, but I think the toilet size has put me off totally now!
Of course, the toilet is bigger in the bigger Duomobile :whistle: Just to help you spend you hard earned :D2

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Oh here we go 5 adults oh!.....pampas grass thread coming up ? :eek:
Are you inferring that hydraulic steadies might be needed to stop the rocking????

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
We have been casting envious glances at the smaller Hymer Duomobile model for a while now and thinking that we might splash out on a pimped up model, but have just seen a photo showing a sticker on a bed saying that the single bed weight limit is only 100kg! That might be ok for all you racing snakes out there but at 18 and a half stone that puts me way over the limit and my dear Mrs Bass is perilously close as well. What's that all about Hymer? You have lost a sale and I doubt if every German motorhomer in a land of gorgeous ( but highly fattening) food and beer would scrape under.

Just looked at their web page ... wow .... wow ... wow....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back