No Audio (1 Viewer)

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Just had to replace hard drive on my pc with a new one.

Formatted the new drive and loaded windows. As the PC was bought new five years ago i have all original software and drivers. I'm running on XP Professional.

Once windows had finished installing i started putting the various drivers in. All went in ok but i can't get audio. The drivers are in, but for some reason won't activate. Going through System > Device Manager> right clicking on audio device for> Properties, it states the driver is enabled but not functioning properly.

Tried going through "troubleshooting", but got nowhere.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling.....and still got nowhere.

Then tried downloading updated drivers off Dells website for my pc and installed that.....but still doesn't work!

Previously on a reformat this driver has simpy gone in straight off the disc with no problem.

Any ideas?

M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
Hi Mate, are you sure that you installed the correct driver when prompted? I know it sounds silly but easy mistake. Did you restart after removing the driver and re-installing?
What sound card is it? I'll see if I can find an alternative driver if you have the product ID.
Do you get any indication why it is not fuctioning properly when you look at the driver in Device Manager? Do you have loads of stuff already plugged in like usb stuff or externel drives/displays, if so you might have added too many IRQ devices.
Failing all that, I would re-format and re-install. Not the best answer I know.

Best Regards,

Mark.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back