Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Currently on Tour in Maastricht as a Newbie...l have had no problems until today (5 days) connecting elec hook up , connected today in my Burstner Nexo Family MH the plug in neon light on control panel lit up as normal , then l removed the cable for a few mommenrs to re adjust positioning of the van , plugged back in and the light had gone out... It took sometime to find the circuit breaker in wardrobe and found that the DC 240u was in an upward position and it was in a red above switch.. l have switched it down it shows green but .... Still no 230 v charge showing on control panel.? Any fellow funsters with suggestions .. l do have two habitation batteries as a back up (fitted by Dave Newell) some 6 weeks ago so l'm not totally without power but just bewildered..:Angry:

OP
OP
DAVWOD

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
try pushing the trip switch all the way off then reseting it.

Some breakers need to be pushed fully down first.

Thanks pappajohn, l have re-set the trip switch still nothing... Just arrived onsite from Yrpes had no probs, again the light in control panel lit as if was all was ok then it has tripped the circuit breaker and since then nothing ?
Thanks for your reply..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Have you checked polarity of the supply, I know some sites have reverse polarity, it could possibly cause problems such as this dependent on your system. If you have a test meter this should confirm polarity.
You also mention resetting RCB in wardrobe but is there one at the site hookup supply point?
Sorry, don't wish to sound patronizing but just trying to think of all possibilities.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DAVWOD

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Have you checked polarity of the supply, I know some sites have reverse polarity, it could possibly cause problems such as this dependent on your system. If you have a test meter this should confirm polarity.
You also mention resetting RCB in wardrobe but is there one at the site hookup supply point?
Sorry, don't wish to sound patronizing but just trying to think of all possibilities.

No probs Wickolad, I'm a Newbie on my 2nd Tour 1st one was two days and this one measures out at 56 days.. :Eeek: all I know for now is that I'm in The Netherlands and have tried all I can on my 1st day here alas I haven't a test meter I will ask at reception am in morning many thanks it's not the end of the world :thumb:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I suspect, like above, that you have tripped the mains at the site post

If there is another socket next to yours try that

You might have to get the site to reset this though, sometimes they are left open

Bit of a worry what tripped it though, you might have too much turned on, some sites can be very low Amps, so if you had water heater and kettle on together for example this might be too much

Good luck

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Umm... The switch on the breaker would normally be UP and showing red ( for danger ) if showing green ( safe ) then it is switched off :Smile:

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Umm... The switch on the breaker would normally be UP and showing red ( for danger ) if showing green ( safe ) then it is switched off :Smile:

Jaws, you are absolutely right on that.........:thumb::thumb:

Any update Davwod??? Hope you're sorted.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DAVWOD

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Jaws, you are absolutely right on that.........:thumb::thumb:

Any update Davwod??? Hope you're sorted.

Hi Gys , l am sorted thanks ..up and running and many thanks to the replys.. you were both correct red is in green off.. which threw me somewhat.. and its our Domestic Kettle that's the culprit....l will look into that when l return . At the momment crossed into Germany Netterheim , today off over towards Frankfurt.
As a Newbie when yr out here and should anything crop up its so great to ask for advice on Motorhome fun..happy family.. regards to all.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Glad you are sorted, enjoy rest of 'trip' :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, it would help if the mains units were fitted somewhere accessible, ours is sideways mounted in the bottom of the wardrobe, hardly any light to see what you are looking at let alone doing

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back