No 12v Power to fridge when engine running! (1 Viewer)

wardy

Free Member
Feb 1, 2010
Funster No
Hope someone can assist. I have a Compass Navigator on a VW p plate and have no 12 v power to fridge when engine running. Have replaced 12v switch as there was evidence of heat damage from power in middle brown cable. Am I missing a fuse? I would be grateful for any help.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hope someone can assist. I have a Compass Navigator on a VW p plate and have no 12 v power to fridge when engine running. Have replaced 12v switch as there was evidence of heat damage from power in middle brown cable. Am I missing a fuse? I would be grateful for any help.
When I was researching during renovations to our son's camper van I found that there is normally a relay and a 15 amp fuse in the circuit between the starter battery and fridge.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
there will be a relay under the bonnet , close to the battery, which latchs when the engine is started providing power to the fridge.

If this fails then no 12v supplied.

Go back to the switch and connect a multi/volt meter to it and an earth point to check for 12v at the switch with the engine running.

If you have 12v there then there's a problem with the fridge...If not it could be the relay is stuck open or its fuse has blown...that should also be near the relay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back