Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
First an apology to geo.I had planned to come and meet some of the funsters at lincoln,but on the way to the show we had a blow out,and i had to change the wheel myself which was a nightmare as i don't have full use of my legs,anyway half an hour later after lots of bad language and huffing and puffing,the motorhome slipped off the jack and the jack went straight through the floor of the rear garage. So i had to get it jacked up again and eventually got the wheel changed but had to nurse it to the next service station so i could put more air in the tyre, £1 for f%&*+@g air , made it to the show seven hours after setting off on a 4 hour journey and spent my time in bed on morphine for the pains in my legs and spine.So needless to say not the best show. Hopefully see some of you at another show,all the best barry

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi Barry,

certainly sounds a nightmare.
i bet you wish you'de just stayed in bed.

one thing slipping off the jack but cutting a new trapdoor in the floor!!!!!:whatthe:

was there a problem with your B/D cover.....or dont you have any?

anyway, hope the pain subsides real soon and you can get back out there.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi barry ,sorry to hear of your troubles. good job you carried a spare.
i hope its a reminder for others to keep the spare inflated best to the highest pressure on vehicle. also just goes to show that practice at home would have made this easier. chock all wheels as a precaution. its a shame when a bit of planning and practice might have saved the damage being done. also i have noticed that some kjacks that come with m,home conversions dont allow the vehicle to be lifted high enough to remove the wheels . practice at home .either carry 2 jacks or drive up a few bits of wood or small ramp with the flat tyre, at least you havea start. it takes a story like barry,s to make some practice an emergency like this .again sorry to hear your troubles barry. cheers alan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
ooohh poor you baz,

Stay in bed and take it easy. Sure you will make another show in goodtime:thumb:

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Sorry to hear about your nightmare Barry. Look after yourself and to hell with the MH until you are feeling better.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Barry
Take it easy MH will still be there when your feeling better, I know how you feel its not pleasant. Pete:thumb::thumb:

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
I feel for you Barry - take care and look forward to meeting you at a meet soon - drinks on me:thumb::thumb:

cyclingdoglucy

Free Member
Apr 27, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
retired vehicle
Exp
retired 4 months
puncture

:Sad:hi baz.
i have been lucky that i have never punctured yet !, but i already have it implanted in my head that if it did happen , i would call out the roadside services to do the task , as i know that this task will put me in bed if i try to change it myself. its no easy job undoing the wheel nuts , never mind jacking up & removeing the wheel , i hope i practice what i preach when the inevitable happens .
i am thinking of you at this moment & hope you are soon on the mend , if anything like me 4 days rest should show some improvement , but do we learn ?.
regards
MR BEAN

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back