Nightmare return to the UK at the end of 90 days. (2 Viewers)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well our 10 days are complete. I did not receive a single call, text or email from the £32billion Track & Trace mob. The wife had 1 follow up call from them on day 2. Complete waste of money
Mine were up on monday night . I had 2 calls from NHS scotland and One that came up as gov uk , 3 or 4 emails at the start. Followed the instructions took tests on day 2 and day 8 and sent them away , ive heard nothing back from them , i used s company called screen 4 in yorkshire , the website just says await results and the phone number just gives a busy engaged tone so i cant get hold of them🤷🏻‍♂️ my 10 days are up so im out and about but I'm annoyed ive paid for tests that i never got results from

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
We still have had no results and today is day 10 wife has been phoned 5 times and i haven't had a single call not impressed
It is appalling that these companies are clearly profiteering from this, delivering a shocking service and are endorsed by the government and by the complete waste of space that is track and trace headed by the Tory peer Dildo Harding, wife of a Tory MP, a woman who almost destroyed TalkTalk, and director of the Jockey Club (hence why Cheltenham went ahead last year). They have it all tied up, no refunds in the contacts you take with them and no contact numbers. We are letting in farm workers and lorry drivers with excemptions and yet the average UK citizen is paying hundreds of £ to enter their own country. I really hope that this government promoted and backed scam is exposed for what it is. It is anything but "public health" which is what they are mascarading it as.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I got my result from my day 8 test this morning just after i posted on here ... negative as expected.
Never got the one from day 2 but i know from thr tracking that they received my sample on the 23rd

• Informative
Reactions: maz

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The thing i cannot work out is if you pay for an extra test on day 5 you can then go out, if you have a test on day 8 and its negative you still can't go out until day 11 confused i am.
Because they make it up as they go along unfortunately.. its all just soundbites to appease the public outcry that they aren't doing enough.

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
The thing i cannot work out is if you pay for an extra test on day 5 you can then go out, if you have a test on day 8 and its negative you still can't go out until day 11 confused i am.
Because that way they cannot make any more money out of you so they just house arrest you instead

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not quite, if you go through to the site for info about the day 5 test it says you still have to wait for the result before going out, as this is a separate test to the others it may be that it is done much quicker.

Scheme rules​

You cannot use the Test to Release scheme if you have been in or through any country that is on the travel ban red list in the 10 days before you arrive in England.

You must quarantine on arrival in England. You can take a test no earlier than the 5th day after arrival in England.

This is in addition to the tests that everyone must take on or before day 2 and on or after day 8 of their quarantine period.

Example​

You arrive in England on Monday. Tuesday will be your first full day of quarantine. You can take a test no earlier than the 5th day after arrival in England - Saturday. You must continue to quarantine while you await your test result.

If you test negative​

If the test result is negative you can stop quarantine as soon as you receive the result.

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Not house arrest, just adhering to the rules for your return to the UK.
It is a farce....during the 10 day house arrest you can do the following

Go out and complete food and essential shopping
Go to the vet
Go to the chemist
Visit health care facilities on the advice of a dr
Travel around the country for your day 2 and day 8 Covid tests if you choose to go to have them completed at the test provider lab rather than complete them yourself at home
Go to a funeral
Go to a court of solicitors to complete legal obligations
Complete agricultural activities
Various excemptions around vulnerabilities and victim support and social services
Visit children if you share custody of them

so what’s the point ..... it is a money making scheme

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988

Go to the vet
Go to the chemist
Travel around the country for your day 2 and day 8 Covid tests if you choose to go to have them completed at the test provider lab rather than complete them yourself at home
Go to a funeral
Various excemptions around vulnerabilities and victim support and social services

Are we talking about the same quarantine?

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome

Yes this is the advice in Wales, we don’t have the 5 day test to release scheme here

these are the key rules

In Wales, you can only leave your premises in limited circumstances. These include where:

• you need urgent medical assistance (or where your doctor has advised you to get medical assistance) or access to veterinary care for a pet within your and it is not possible or practicable for someone else in your accommodation to do this
  • you need access to basic necessities like food and medicines and you haven’t been able to arrange for another person to get them or they cannot be delivered
  • you need to access public services such as social services and victim support services that are critical to your well-being and cannot be accessed if you remain on the premises
  • you need to leave for compassionate reasons; for example you attend the funeral of a family member or a close friend
  • you carry out specified activities in relation to edible horticulture, but only if you are residing at the premises in connection with those activities
  • you are avoiding illness or injury or escaping a risk of harm
  • you need to fulfil a legal obligation, including attending court or satisfying bail conditions, or to participate in legal proceedings
  • you are a parent, guardian or child undertaking parental access visits

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

Go to the vet
Go to the chemist
Go to a funeral

That isn't what i read .i was told i could not leave the house for any reason other than taking the test to the priority podt box . I was told if i needed shoping etc and had no one to get it for me i could get an NHS volunteer.

I never left the house for the 10 days ..poor dogs didn't even get a walk

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
On my side went well so far, I’m day 5. Except could not register the tests because nobody emailed or texted the code. I have to ring 119 to register the kits and now can’t test on bank holiday. Need to ring again in. We have been called every day.

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Freedom for us today, only went out of the gate once to post test my mate posted the 1st one only bad thing i forgot to bring the toilet home to empty so going to storage to pick it up today :rolleyes:(y)

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
That isn't what i read .i was told i could not leave the house for any reason other than taking the test to the priority podt box . I was told if i needed shoping etc and had no one to get it for me i could get an NHS volunteer.

I never left the house for the 10 days ..poor dogs didn't even get a walk
Maybe it is different in Wales....but if you are the type of person who looks for a loophole you could leave the house everyday and purchase a packet of asprin and as long as you have the receipt on you then that is a valid excuse. Since the start of this pandemic the so called rules have been so poorly documented and are so open to interpretation in so many different ways the human mind will always find a way out.

I would rather have been sat in a field as a foreign agricultural farm worker rather than suffer this 10 day house arrest. It would have saved us a fortune in unnecessary inaccurate overpriced tests

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Prey tell why it isn't legal for them to ask ...
I did. They can ask " are you carrying over 10K" that's legal . If they then contine to flog it to death that isn't.
They cannot ask " how much money are you carrying " that isn't legal it is nose poking.
they are doing a job so why make it difficult just to try to prove a point that doesn't need proving? Its okay to criticise if they are being rude for the sake of it and only doing an odd check every hour but when they are doing them one after another in quick succession if an arrival is being 'pedantic' it doesn't help the situation for either, nor for other arrivals who are waiting to be checked.
I have no problem with anyone doing there job.I have a problem paying people good money who do not know what the rules & laws are.
I don't get this reluctance to have the border people do their jobs.
As above, as long as they know what they are talking about. Many don't.
Alsatian?
I believe that it is because they originated from the Alsace region & that they are only called Alsatians in the UK? Everywhere else they are German Shepherds. Or here Pastor Aleman
It isn't worth paying on day 5 as ,yes you can go out but must still take the day 8 test.If that is + you are confined again

There are exceptions in the UK rules

Exceptional circumstances​

You may also be allowed to leave your accommodation in exceptional circumstances. This includes purposes such as:

• accessing basic urgent necessities like food and medicines where you cannot arrange for these to be delivered or travelling to a COVID-19 testing site
  • accessing critical public services including social services and services provided to victims (such as victims of crime)
  • moving to a different place for quarantine where you can no longer remain where you are

There may be other exceptional circumstances which permit you to leave your place of quarantine. You will need to consider carefully whether your circumstances are exceptional circumstances that require you to leave your place of quarantine. You could seek advice from a medical or other professional to discuss your circumstances so that you can decide whether, for example, you have a health condition or a disability that would be seriously exacerbated if you were not able to leave the accommodation (and its outdoor areas) where you’re quarantining to take exercise.

Even if you have an exception, you must continue to follow the general restrictions that apply.

Last edited:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I did. They can ask " are you carrying over 10K" that's legal . If they then contine to flog it to death that isn't.
They cannot ask " how much money are you carrying " that isn't legal it is nose poking.

I have no problem with anyone doing there job.I have a problem paying people good money who do not know what the rules & laws are.

As above, as long as they know what they are talking about. Many don't.

I believe that it is because they originated from the Alsace region & that they are only called Alsatians in the UK? Everywhere else they are German Shepherds. Or here Pastor Aleman

It isn't worth paying on day 5 as ,yes you can go out but must still take the day 8 test.If that is + you are confined again

There are exceptions in the UK rules

Exceptional circumstances​

You may also be allowed to leave your accommodation in exceptional circumstances. This includes purposes such as:

• accessing basic urgent necessities like food and medicines where you cannot arrange for these to be delivered or travelling to a COVID-19 testing site
  • accessing critical public services including social services and services provided to victims (such as victims of crime)
  • moving to a different place for quarantine where you can no longer remain where you are

There may be other exceptional circumstances which permit you to leave your place of quarantine. You will need to consider carefully whether your circumstances are exceptional circumstances that require you to leave your place of quarantine. You could seek advice from a medical or other professional to discuss your circumstances so that you can decide whether, for example, you have a health condition or a disability that would be seriously exacerbated if you were not able to leave the accommodation (and its outdoor areas) where you’re quarantining to take exercise.

Even if you have an exception, you must continue to follow the general restrictions that apply.
The first woman i had on the phone offered me an NHS volunteer to do shopping for me etc if required. The only thing they didn't offer was dog walking
But shops medicine etc they did say i could get help if i didn't have anyone near by

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
The first woman i had on the phone offered me an NHS volunteer to do shopping for me etc if required. The only thing they didn't offer was dog walking
But shops medicine etc they did say i could get help if i didn't have anyone near by
I see no point all in the day 8 test. They should change it to day 5, to simulate the test to release, and release you when it comes back negative . If it comes back positive then the NHS should then pick this up and provide support

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I see no point all in the day 8 test. They should change it to day 5, to simulate the test to release, and release you when it comes back negative . If it comes back positive then the NHS should then pick this up and provide support
The only point in the tests in my opinion is some deluded thought that it enforces the 10 day isolation as you wont get results of day 8 till at least day 10.

Otherwise its pointless in every way .

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
And just to prove how shockingly rubbish this whole test and quarantine process is, this even I have received a day 2 test result from Nationwide Pathology, the company I paid for my day 2 and day 8 test

This day 2 result is dated from a test taken today. There is one slight problem here, my day 2 was 11 days ago!!! This makes me think that my personal details have been mixed with another individual’s test and they think I have just entered the U.K. I really hope I get a call from the useless track and trace people and I get the opportunity to tell them to get stuffed and where to shove their test !

This opens up all sorts of questions about data protection, cross contamination of tests and the whole integrity of this service. It is shockingly poor and completely inept. Maybe someone out there is missing a test result.

And they want to roll out vaccine passports... no chance

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
And just to prove how shockingly rubbish this whole test and quarantine process is, this even I have received a day 2 test result from Nationwide Pathology, the company I paid for my day 2 and day 8 test

This day 2 result is dated from a test taken today. There is one slight problem here, my day 2 was 11 days ago!!! This makes me think that my personal details have been mixed with another individual’s test and they think I have just entered the U.K. I really hope I get a call from the useless track and trace people and I get the opportunity to tell them to get stuffed and where to shove their test !

This opens up all sorts of questions about data protection, cross contamination of tests and the whole integrity of this service. It is shockingly poor and completely inept. Maybe someone out there is missing a test result.

Yeah im missing my day 2 lol

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011

Did you receive your own day 2 and day 8 results in good time from Nationwide Pathology? We posted our day 2 tests off to them yesterday.

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Did you receive your own day 2 and day 8 results in good time from Nationwide Pathology? We posted our day 2 tests off to them yesterday.
Yes 3 days for each. The wife’s test she was unable to access with the code they gave her and it took a day to get it resolved .

I honestly did not care about the test results. I just saw this as a U.K. entry tax, in some countries they call it bribing government officials

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
This makes me think that my personal details have been mixed with another individual’s test and they think I have just entered the U.K.

That’s the trouble with speculating; the uncertainty leads to all sorts of questions. 🤷‍♂️

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back