Nightmare return to the UK at the end of 90 days. (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Maybe this Covid thing isnt as bad as the doom and gloom UK government is peddling. Having been out of the UK for 7 months I am amazed at how brainwashed everyone had become..."you must get vaccinated at all costs", "you must wear an ineffective mask outside" "oh my god we dont want all these millions of mutant varients travellers are bringing in" "we will all die" etc.... I keep hearing from neighbours and friends . I've been watching Swiss, French, German, Italian media for 7 months (as well as the dreadful UK MSM (excluding the biased BBC which we just don't watch anymore), you get none of this and they try and inject some positive news into the media, rather than if you get on the bus you will kill someone which is becoming the UK normal messaging.
Lots of positive news in Europe, lockdowns, hospital crises , high infection and death rates , a failed vaccination response.
I would rather all the bad news we have in the U.K. at the moment.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Should of told you daughter to get married in Spain! Its a rip off in the UK
True. They couldn't stick it either & emigrated to aussie.they were supposed to be going 2 months after wedding but had to delay it 6 months due to the wife being ill.
Hope your wife is recovering well
She's hoping to get to her pension in December🤞
or anyone!:LOL:
true
none of his damm business
Correct

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I had this arriving in ancona ...plain clothed customs guy with a big german shepherd says how much cash do you have ...i said €20 ...he repeated it 3 or 4 times while cocking his head ...i said yes .. who uses cash these days everything paid by card ..still dont think he believed me but he waved me on anyway

I had €200 in the safe but I wasn't telling him that ...none of his damm business

Wrong, it IS his business to find out how much cash you have ... declaring it isn't a problem even if it's over the limit so long as it isn't nefarious but not answering truthfully when asked isn't - if they do a search and undeclared cash is discovered, you could be fined and if they are really snotty they may seize it too so that you have to prove where it came from.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Wrong, it IS his business to find out how much cash you have ... declaring it isn't a problem even if it's over the limit so long as it isn't nefarious but not answering truthfully when asked isn't - if they do a search and undeclared cash is discovered, you could be fined and if they are really snotty they may seize it too so that you have to prove where it came from.
Some folk think they are above the law.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yes, let them think that ... but then when they fall foul of it they'll soon find out the hard way they aren't, hopefully in the meantime their ignoring it hasn't put anyone else in danger.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Calais packed at UK customs, cleared the French and been in the queue for the past our and half at UK customs. Lost the booked train and the next is going in 10 mins.
Same crap i had last week
Even before Br**** it was always bad on a weekend which is why we always avoided it if we could.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Even before Br**** it was always bad on a weekend which is why we always avoided it if we could.
Never had a problem myself in the past
But it was a Friday i crossed last week and had a 2 hour delay at uk customs

Helen Ariel crossed yesterday and never mentioned a delay

But the french customs i was through in 5 minutes

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
We were not on holiday we have been shielding for many months while my wife was recovering from a stroke, then the law changed and we could only apply for a visa from the UK.
If you don’t know the full situation, perhaps best not to comment.
The purpose of my original post was to make people in the same situation aware of the problems with the system.
Interesting how the Trolls arrive after the sensible people have taken an interest.
I was just thinking the same as your post came up. You never know what is going on in people's lives.

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
Maybe best to explain the situation in full before calling genuine people’s comments out as trolls? Maybe that way people may read your post and possibly not read it as moaning about how your trip in Europe ended badly because of covid tests after from what seems a jolly you went on in January knowing the worlds covid situation!! Hope your wife is now recovering well.
All the best
I am glad you left the important bit to the end,came over as a bit of an after thought??

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Not comparable at all. You need to see it to understand. I have crossed at weekends with jolts to Germany and Nurburgring many times. Even weekend shopping in Bruges, this is very different.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Not comparable at all. You need to see it to understand. I have crossed at weekends with jolts to Germany and Nurburgring many times. Even weekend shopping in Bruges, this is very different.
Okey-dokey ... we've had long delays before and our experience has always been that the French border control couldn't give a toss so just waved us straight through to join the UK border queue.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We’ve been searched on the French side quite a few times over the years, even when we had our tiny old Autosleeper Symbol, goodness knows where they thought we’d hide anything or anyone other than the loo. We’d be surrounded by huge vans but they’d pick on us, I often wondered if it was laziness and they were just filling quotas as PVCs are easy. They even squeezed in with a GS once! Never bothered us, they have a job to do.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We’ve been searched on the French side quite a few times over the years, even when we had our tiny old Autosleeper Symbol, goodness knows where they thought we’d hide anything or anyone other than the loo. We’d be surrounded by huge vans but they’d pick on us, I often wondered if it was laziness and they were just filling quotas as PVCs are easy. They even squeezed in with a GS once! Never bothered us, they have a job to do.
Nor me , no big deal it all turns out ok in the long run
Fine if you don't end up with a 2 hour plus delay when you've an 8.5 hour drive to do on the other side.

Should be compensated if you miss your train. If they cant search the vans in the time they have then they should employ more staff.

People put up with bad service it doesn't improve.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
The Government cant win really can they..If they let people return without testing they are irresponsible,,,if they demand a test they are The Gestapo,,,What a job to have eh,,BUSBY.
The trouble is coming back to the UK even after tests don't anybody realize they can still bring back the virus and it could, another variant , I find this irresponsible to go abroad in this Pandemic , a lot on here would love to go back to European countries, but we are protecting ourselves and others , and ,don't tell me you are careful, because who knows where the virus is .

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
The trouble is coming back to the UK even after tests don't anybody realize they can still bring back the virus and it could, another variant , I find this irresponsible to go abroad in this Pandemic , a lot on here would love to go back to European countries, but we are protecting ourselves and others , and ,don't tell me you are careful, because who knows where the virus is .
Being as hardly anyone crossed the channel last year how come we had the highest death rate from Covid in Europe ? BUSBY.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Being as hardly anyone crossed the channel last year how come we had the highest death rate from Covid in Europe ? BUSBY.
You may be assuming all countries have measured their deaths the same way. We do it by counting deaths within 28 days of a positive test. But did the person really die from covid?
How do other countries count deaths.?
I guess we will never know the real league table.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
What's a GS?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
No it isn't.The requirement is you cannot export more than 10,000€ without a declaration.They can ask how much you have .Once. Once you have told them if they don't believe it ,it then becomes harassment.
they have no right to search wallets or bags without arresting you.

o some folk want those who are being paid good money to do the ****ing job properly & learn what the laws are.
Once they've asked & you have answered if they don't believe you ,then arrest you.
It is simple,put up or shut up.
That’s when they call the British consulate crying and wanting help😁😁
Oh and also call the Sun newspaper😂😂
No if it kicked off there'd be bodies about , before mine

i just hate jumped up ****ing jobsworth ****s. Especially foreign ones.

& another thing if I've got to put on paper overshoes no one is entering my vehicles without them,mask ,gloves , sanitiser, etc.

If someone actually asked me how much money I was carrying my first answer would always be" wtf has it got to do with you"? As they have no right to ask & nor is there any need for them to know.
If they ask "are you carrying in excess of the 10k" then that is an acceptable question.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
What's a GS?
DD9E5B56-69AF-4205-B58D-09AF94CB3E24.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.