Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I need some help and advice - I am contemplating buying a N+B but have found the double glazed windows on the driver and passenger sides are misting over.
There is no apparant water penetration into the van but clearly the double glazing seal has broken.
How serious a problem is this, should I consider replacing the windows?
If so has anyone any idea what this would cost?

Norman

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
there is a company that can copy the acrylic windows on motorhomes and caravans. not seen an advert for them for a while, but it was around £100 a window. much cheaper than going through the converter, as you are dealing direct with the manufacturer

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we have double glazed front side windows in our euramobil, I would say very expensive to replace.:Doh:
We looked at a flair before we got this one, and one of the glass panels had been broke leaving just a single glaze, makes you wonder if it had been smashed on purpose. ::bigsmile:

I was talking to a couple with a RV at Rutland Water a while back and he had removed his windows and had a company make him tinted double glazed window units, christ knows what it cost him, but he was happy with the result, and no more condensation only from the windscreen and he lived near Lutterworth but I don't know who made them, so it is possible.

I would look into it before buying because it could cost a lot, and would be more than a pain steamed up. :Doh: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
You will find little rubber plugs in em. Take one or two out park with sun on window and hey presto condensation will have gone. Replace rubber plugs while still in the sun. :thumb:

Hardest part is finding the sun. :cry:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
You will find little rubber plugs in em. Take one or two out park with sun on window and hey presto condensation will have gone. Replace rubber plugs while still in the sun. :thumb:

Hardest part is finding the sun. :cry:

hiardryer on low heat fitter to a tube, bown into bung hole

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back