LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
This is one for @dabhand and @CazPaul as I know you both hold Vario-Mobil in the same high regard as I do, pity it's a Perfect and a bit heavy for my licence, a bit wide as well really at 2500mm so a Star would be better.

These vans don't come up very often, you need to click on the 4th van down Perfect 800 SH its only 8.2 metres.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I suppose the question is, new Morelo or Concorde on IVECO Daily chassis or 5/6 year old Vario on a Merc truck chassis, I know where my money would go but they are like rocking horse poo.

Martin

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Beauty that Martin, yes shame its 9.5 tonne, I love the layout though, a bit wide and a bit too high, if we had the money it would be a vario brand new to our own design, spec.
I was like a kid in a sweet shop a couple of months ago at Bohmte.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I suppose the question is, new Morelo or Concorde on IVECO Daily chassis or 5/6 year old Vario on a Merc truck chassis, I know where my money would go but they are like rocking horse poo.

Martin

And me, 7.5 tonne, less than 8 metres, 3.2ish in height, 2.3-2.5 width, nice sofa, rear transverse bed, the rest of the design is easy. Bingo.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
And me, 7.5 tonne, less than 8 metres, 3.2ish in height, 2.3-2.5 width, nice sofa, rear transverse bed, the rest of the design is easy. Bingo.

You have good taste in van's Paul(y)

Star 800 825 metres 2.36 wide and 3.35 or 3.38 tall depending on chassis;)

Martin

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I’d have a variostar but the design on the smaller vario not as good at present imho, have decided against a lorry (big van) chassis as it would be difficult to get to a lot of the places I want to be. Beautiful vans though, not much to touch them really, I shall continue the dream.;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Looks a nice one, but having driven one on the same chassis it was way too bouncy and not that pleasant. I think i would hold out for the MAN version, there is very nice one on mobile.de atm but 90o too big to get anywhere IMHO.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
This is one for @dabhand and @CazPaul as I know you both hold Vario-Mobil in the same high regard as I do, pity it's a Perfect and a bit heavy for my licence, a bit wide as well really at 2500mm so a Star would be better.

These vans don't come up very often, you need to click on the 4th van down Perfect 800 SH its only 8.2 metres.

Martin
pheonix and Concorde no longer on the list Martin?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
pheonix and Concorde no longer on the list Martin?
Never been as high as Vario Jon, they all have their good points but I just think that for the same money as a new Concorde Phoenix or Morelo you can get a cracking Vario on a proper truck chassis, maybe I need to drive one and get it out of my system.

Martin

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Never been as high as Vario Jon, they all have their good points but I just think that for the same money as a new Concorde Phoenix or Morelo you can get a cracking Vario on a proper truck chassis, maybe I need to drive one and get it out of my system.

Martin
I agree but its a very limited supply, whereas plenty of short concordes and a few more pheonixs around th an vario,s.

hope the s how is good for you. Giraffe should be easy to spot LOL

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ain't that the problem Jon, a nice Star popped up on Mobile.de a couple of months ago but only stayed on a day and a half, all the Concordes are getting bigger though.

Don't mention Giraffes or bloody penguins:LOL:

Martin

EDIT and then of course the other side of this conundrum is that there is nothing wrong with our van, goes well no problems cheap to insure basic engineering so more chance of fixing things if they do go wrong, and money in the bank.

Last edited:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F

Martin
First time I’ve ever looked at Vario Martin but that Perfect Platinum is gorgeous.If those lottery numbers come up any time soon it will be goodbye to the Arto:LOL:
Brian & Jo

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
First time I’ve ever looked at Vario Martin but that Perfect Platinum is gorgeous.If those lottery numbers come up any time soon it will be goodbye to the Arto:LOL:
Brian & Jo
I just like the way they are built Brian, for a start they are "built" rather than just "put together", they start with a bit of paper and you tell them what you want and where, they build the body shell in fibreglass and then paint it you will notice that the habitation door is just cut from the side of the van and a good quality door lock fitted, then they build the interior with wood a wood veneers, they then strip out the inside to paint/lacquer the furniture before building the whole thing from the inside, they say that they ensure that everything is accessible for service and maintenance, and I bet you can get a wiring diagram(y)

Ah well we can all dream.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well you are all too late, it's sold(y)

Sadly not to me, went within a couple of days according to the boss man we were talking to in Dusseldorf.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back