nice van for sale (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
She is better off forgetting about a motorhome for skiing and do as she is doing now, which I and others suggested at the beginning, then she can forget all this winterising stuff and get a real bargain van.
Haha no chance at all! Planning next winter in the van already!

Oct 14, 2011
Chichester,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Wildax Hi Top
Exp
Since 2002
If you read Jackie’s very interesting blog you may understand a bit more why they need to downsize.They have certainly done a lot in the last 2 years despite her husband’s illness.

Deleted User
Yes, but I never asked you to buy one for me Martin and fetch the bugger around.:LOL::) to see if I liked it.
I didn't read it that way, think you were so taken by the van yourself you were putting undue pressure on her when she is clearly a bit 'jumpy' at the moment and anyway, if it was such a great bargain why didn't you buy it and make a killing on resale.

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Yes, but I never asked you to buy one for me Martin and fetch the bugger around.:LOL::) to see if I liked it.

It was what you call a tongue in cheek post which unfortunately backfires spectacularly if you cant see the expression.
In the legendary words of Sybil in Fawlty Towers "Moi?"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
It was what you call a tongue in cheek post which unfortunately backfires spectacularly if you cant see the expression.
In the legendary words of Sybil in Fawlty Towers "Moi?"

Yes and my posts were also tongue in cheek, hence the emoticons.
If I post another van for sale thread you have my permission to hit me with a wet fish, hard around the face:D2

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I didn't read it that way, think you were so taken by the van yourself you were putting undue pressure on her when she is clearly a bit 'jumpy' at the moment and anyway, if it was such a great bargain why didn't you buy it and make a killing on resale.

Maybe because last week we have just bought a van and couldn't afford another, I did post a thread about it.
I posted because I thought it was quality van at a good price, I thought of @Jac Sprat because I read she was looking for a winterised PVC, its called trying to help someone, which is what I like to do.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Maybe because last week we have just bought a van and couldn't afford another, I did post a thread about it.
I posted because I thought it was quality van at a good price, I thought of @Jac Sprat because I read she was looking for a winterised PVC, its called trying to help someone, which is what I like to do.

@chaser had the right approach I am beginning to realise.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Yes and my posts were also tongue in cheek, hence the emoticons.
If I post another van for sale thread you have my permission to hit me with a wet fish, hard around the face:D2
Wet fish are very difficult to hold on to when smacking someone around the face with them, unless there in a tin of course..... yes, perfect:rolleyes:

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
And 6

It was indeed kind of you Paul and was appreciated. It was a shame my circumstances changed. Hopefully not for long.

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Finally in a position to consider this van. He told me on the 3rd time of calling up and talking about it that it was a V vehicle category D. For people like me who did not know - this means its been classed as an insurance write off (albeit the mildest category) Our google search on this term suggests sadly that its a deal breaker as there would likely be problems of re-sale at the very least and there could be invisible damage. He was unable to tell me what the accident was except to indicate the dented side panel and trim on this pic:
20180307_171708.jpg

Any thoughts? Would you consider a V vehicle? I'm guessing its a no go which is why it is still available.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
My understanding of Cat D is an insurance write off because it is not economical to repair.
I have bought a couple of old bangers and my old peugeot 106 on an x plate which was already a Cat D had another bang but the mechanics quoted £749 for the repair when it was worth £750 to stop it occurring again. (new number plate and allegedly a new bonnet).
This van is worth over £20k. What was so expensive that it was not economical to repair and yet somebody has ? Damp, and they havent ?

Wouldnt be touching this with a bargepole

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back