Nice to be part of the community (1 Viewer)

Michael Rennison

Free Member
Apr 28, 2019
Upton, Newark, Nottinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti 700mx
Exp
Since 2016

Broken Link Removed

After too long I've joined the best source of tips and advice for Motorhoming. Tandem goes in the garage when the Vespa is on the back. Four years of fun and looking forward to the next chapter.

IMG_4765.JPG

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Is that a classic tandem, not many modern double gents as far as I know.

and welcome(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
:welcome4: from Merseyside.
When at school a friend built up a tandem, 1st ride we had on it off we went with me at the back.
1st corner we go into it and I tried to straighten it up only to find that the seatpin/bars combo was not tight enough.
The squeal of pain from Phil was blood curdling as I wrenched the bars/saddle 90degrees.
Moral of the story TIGHTEN YOUR NUTS.

OP
OP
Michael Rennison

Michael Rennison

Free Member
Apr 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti 700mx
Exp
Since 2016
:welcome4: from Merseyside.
When at school a friend built up a tandem, 1st ride we had on it off we went with me at the back.
1st corner we go into it and I tried to straighten it up only to find that the seatpin/bars combo was not tight enough.
The squeal of pain from Phil was blood curdling as I wrenched the bars/saddle 90degrees.
Moral of the story TIGHTEN YOUR NUTS.
It's like a pair of swans taking off 😃 I'm sure Phil's nuts were well tight after that. 😂

OP
OP
Michael Rennison

Michael Rennison

Free Member
Apr 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti 700mx
Exp
Since 2016
Is that a classic tandem, not many modern double gents as far as I know.

and welcome(y)
It's a 20 year old Mercian 853 built to race with tri-bars. Slammed at the front so I've had to extend the head tube. My friend Steve raced it with his wife who sadly passed away so it fits the missus really well at the back. It's our go to bike when we are riding together.😊

OP
OP
Michael Rennison

Michael Rennison

Free Member
Apr 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti 700mx
Exp
Since 2016
:welcome4: to fun, 😉 only ever rode a tandem once and didn't like it. 😁 Bob.
Bob, I'm with you there. Same some 15 years ago - awful floppy hire tandem. We got the Mercian 5 years ago after a trip to Tuscany nearly finished the missus off up to Montepulchiano on her flat bar. This is completely different - balanced and rock solid downhill. Tandeming is a bit like a relationship - adjusting to one another's ways and the odd fall out. Brilliant for getting out and about from a site if you don't want to take the van out.😊

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It's a 20 year old Mercian 853 built to race with tri-bars. Slammed at the front so I've had to extend the head tube. My friend Steve raced it with his wife who sadly passed away so it fits the missus really well at the back. It's our go to bike when we are riding together.😊
Only 20 years its positively new ;) we rode with friends who had a Mercian built for them, he loved the bike and every time we stopped for coffee he would say outside and keep and eye on his bike and kept an oily rag in a plastic bag t give it a little wipe down.

DSCN2392.jpeg

We have had this Dave Yates from new in 1988, it was my "test bed" for carbon fibre chainrings.

OP
OP
Michael Rennison

Michael Rennison

Free Member
Apr 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti 700mx
Exp
Since 2016
Only 20 years its positively new ;) we rode with friends who had a Mercian built for them, he loved the bike and every time we stopped for coffee he would say outside and keep and eye on his bike and kept an oily rag in a plastic bag t give it a little wipe down.

View attachment 457659

We have had this Dave Yates from new in 1988, it was my "test bed" for carbon fibre chainrings.
That's a lovely touring tandem. Ours is 17kgs of racing kit - dual pivot brakes only😂

OP
OP
Michael Rennison

Michael Rennison

Free Member
Apr 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti 700mx
Exp
Since 2016
Welcome - we had to sell out tandem after a downhill incident (we didnt fall off but the language and threats from Mrs C were quite deafening)View attachment 457688View attachment 457689
It can handy if you are slightly deaf in one ear😉 Tbh we've had only one fall out when she refused to pedal and walked home. Sorry to hear you've had to let it go. The scooter is far worse for getting a dig for going too fast. I'm speed limited to 60kph sadly when we are two up. 😆

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back