Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Collected new van yesterday (Rapido V55, 6 metre PVC), from a main dealer. Salesman had said it didn't have a reversing camera, and I knew that was an optional extra so no surprise not to see a camera.
But looking up at the high level brake light, there was a "nipple" on the underside, which was a lens, for a reversing camera.
So then I thought, I wonder if there's anything else the salesman didn't know about. And yes, it should have come with a Truma Combi 4e, but actually has the more powerful 6e.
Result. (y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I don't think we have ever yet met a salesman selling caravans or motorhomes who had a half clue about what they were selling, clearly never actually used one and definitely lacked technical ability to hand one over o_O

nice result though, hopefully you don't just have a lens :( could be a standard fit with or without the camera bit, but if that is the case it might be an easy upgrade (y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Naturally you went back and said "Excuse me, you don't seem to have charged me for the extras".

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Candapack

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
I don't think we have ever yet met a salesman selling caravans or motorhomes who had a half clue about what they were selling, clearly never actually used one and definitely lacked technical ability to hand one over o_O

nice result though, hopefully you don't just have a lens :( could be a standard fit with or without the camera bit, but if that is the case it might be an easy upgrade (y)
No, first thing I did was check, it's a fully working reversing camera - not a rear view camera, it only works in reverse gear which is fine by me.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Congratulations on collecting your new van!
Have Safe and enjoyable adventures

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Maybe someones somewhere is going to get a surprise when they go to collect their van and find it hasn't got the reversing camera and upgraded heating they had ordered!:D

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Congrats on your new Motorhome.enjoyyyyyyyy(y)
Brian & Jo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back