Nice long drive in the motorhome today. (1 Viewer)

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
What you say no no no.
It was a necessary journey.
We are full timers in the motorhome and use lpg gaslow system for our cooking source.
We have 2 lpg autogas garages one north and one south of us both are equal distance 17 miles.
I have never used the one at the Morrison’s in Crew so of we go this morning to fill up but unfortunately they are servicing/renovating the garage so it’s shut.
Ok south to Wem to the texaco garage, success 2 full tanks of lpg that should last us to the end of the lockdown.
We ended up travelling 68 miles round trip to top up our lpg tanks.
Even though we travelled more than we expected it was a lovely day for a drive and feeling I’m very chipper as it reminded us of the open road and going somewhere new.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
What you say no no no.
We are full timers in the motorhome and use lpg gaslow system for our cooking source.
We have 2 lpg autogas garages one north and one south of us both are equal distance 17 miles.
I have never used the one at the Morrison’s in Crew so of we go this morning to fill up but unfortunately they are servicing/renovating the garage so it’s shut.
Ok south to Wem to the texaco garage, success 2 full tanks of lpg that should last us to the end of the lockdown.
Even though we travelled more than we expected it was a lovely day for a drive and feeling I’m very chipper as it reminded us of the open road and going somewhere new.
Ive seen a few Mh's on the road when I'm out in a lorry, there was a PVC sleeping in Uttoxeter services last Monday morning. Before anyone starts preaching I'm pretty sure every one will have a valid reason. Mines going in in a few days to have some work done on the brakes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
some folks only have a mh and use it daily to travel. I drive mine every two weeks in winter to keep everything lubed, don't speak to anyone just do a little steady bimble.

The Lord Squid

Free Member
Dec 28, 2016
The West Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleepers panel van
Exp
since 2017
I'm working from home and prefer doing so from the van on my drive. Unfortunately I'm now low on LPG so have decamped back to the house with laptop, phone, mini-tripod, note books, different strength reading glasses etc. In my circumstances, I don't think a trip for LPG (about 40 miles there and back) can be justified.

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Harris Gas in Northwich is another option for you whilst stuck up here
I can second that recommendation. I haven't been there since Nov '19, though, ever since we didn't get far from Dover on our last UK visit in March. We just about turned and took the ferry back to France instead of visiting family in the Northwich area.

I think it is about the cheapest in the area. However, it is really mainly for the local taxi vehicles, so you cannot get it at the reduced tax price - for heating and cooking, I mean

J

May 23, 2019
Norfolkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano
Exp
Since 2019
I use my Motorhome to travel into work about once a month just to keep everything moving. It’s a 100 mile round trip and I do the same with the motorbike.
If it’s an essential journey (I’m a key worker) then it doesn’t matter what you do it in or on.

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
Here in France the "essential journey" question does not exist. Be at home by 18h till 06h are the rules in force.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Ah, the monthly lpg trip. I honestly look forward to it.

Now that Knutsford services have stopped selling it, the drive is much nicer :giggle:
When did that happen! filled up there about a month ago so must have stopped since then. Luckily Keele South is working in our van again (it works 50% of the time which I think is down to the air temperature and pump pressure or maybe time since last use)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Here in France the "essential journey" question does not exist. Be at home by 18h till 06h are the rules in force.
the UK would struggle with that concept i feel, but i would be more than happy with that concept if it can be shown to be working, however as French deaths continue to rise, i'm not sure it can be proven to work

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
When did that happen! filled up there about a month ago so must have stopped since then. Luckily Keele South is working in our van again (it works 50% of the time which I think is down to the air temperature and pump pressure or maybe time since last use)
It was around Xmas. Was filling up (Northbound) when attendant pops over to see if it worked. It did, but he said I probably got the last of it and they were closing it once empty, ready for removal.

I asked if both directions were being removed, he said all Moto services were removing lpg :(

Aug 23, 2019
Shropshire, Market Drayton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
since 2017
What you say no no no.
Don't know if you know there is a farm in Telford on old A5 that sells LPG. We always use it. Easy access and good price

Aug 23, 2019
Shropshire, Market Drayton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
since 2017
I'm working from home and prefer doing so from the van on my drive. Unfortunately I'm now low on LPG so have decamped back to the house with laptop, phone, mini-tripod, note books, different strength reading glasses etc. In my circumstances, I don't think a trip for LPG (about 40 miles there and back) can be justified.

Sounds interesting can you post location please?
If you are travelling from Shrewsbury take the old A5 towards Weston Park after leaving the big roundabout it is the first left. Small handwritten sign on left hand side after you turn. First farm on right. They fill up for you. Just chrcked on Google maps. Its called Watling Grange. If you see a sign for Telford Naturist Club - you are on the right road😁 Grange Lane

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
I was at the Texaco on Saturday to fill up with gas but it’s only around the corner. 😩

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
the UK would struggle with that concept i feel, but i would be more than happy with that concept if it can be shown to be working, however as French deaths continue to rise, i'm not sure it can be proven to work
Curious why you believe that travelling in a vehicle without contact with others may increase the transmission of the virus. UK deaths 115,529K French 80,803K not sure the UK controls have yet to be shown to be working ... yet.

source - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Curious why you believe that travelling in a vehicle without contact with others may increase the transmission of the virus.
irrespective of my views, of even more of a curiosity is where you think i said that in the post you quote?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back