Nice campsites in snow sure resorts (1 Viewer)

Sep 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi,

Can anyone help please as I tried to review previous posts on other people’s recommendations for nice campsites but they all seem to have gone a little off piste if you pardon the pun.

Whilst I am happy to use Aires for the odd night I would prefer a campsite for a 2 week holiday. Does anyone have any recommendations in some of the more snow sure or higher resorts? We stayed in St Anton this winter and it was great having the bathhouse right next door, in fact it felt like a 5 star camping experience. Appreciate not every campsite has the same facilities so a walk across the snowy pathways is accepted as the norm.

Thanks

Dec 28, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson 627GA
Exp
Hi,

Last three years have been to Livigno, Italy, at 1800M high - mountain at 3000M so pretty snow sure.

Decent intermediate skiing & duty free prices which is a massive plus -try getting a beer & lunch for 8 euros in France in a mountain restaurant(admittedly not high dining!).

We use Camping Piemont - not the prettiest of campsites but good location less than 10mins stroll to the lift which has ski lockers. Has it's own spa facility however there are luxury hotels in towns with spas attached.

Lots of duty free shopping unfortunately for my wallet!

keep thinking we should try elsewhere but the low costs in Livigno keep pulling me back!

Oh & diesel 90c a litre!

Will watch thread with interest as planning the next skiing as well.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Champ du Moulin in Venosc, just below Les Deux Alpes. Lovely little campsite and a glacier resort accessible by the gondola approx 400m walk from the campsite. The campsite has a restaurant, sauna and a pretty picturesque village. The only downside is the gondola stops at 7ish so if you miss it expect an expensive taxi ride back. We tend to ski all day’s a long lunch and then come back to the restaurant or eat at lunch and cook something small in the evenings. We go every Easter ( school worker ) and have never been disappointed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wendles
Sep 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have been to Venosc in the summer skiing and it’s a nice campsite but I did see that about the lift stopping early on another post. Not a complete game changer but can’t remember if there are any restaurants in Venosc. We like to eat out at least once per week on a 2 week holiday and whilst we wouldn’t mind the same restaurant twice the preference is to at least have the option. Would love to see it in the winter as I loved the resort in the summer. It is on the table as it’s one of the ones that does seem to be mentioned in various places.

OP
OP
Wendles
Sep 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Last three years have been to Livigno, Italy, at 1800M high - mountain at 3000M so pretty snow sure.
We use Camping Piemont - not the prettiest of campsites but good location less than 10mins stroll to the lift which has ski lockers. Has it's own spa facility however there are luxury hotels in towns with spas attached.

Thanks for the tip- we shall defiantly have a look. We tend to go to the french alps as it’s where we sometimes go in the summer but now we have the Motorhome we would lie to consider other places.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
another vote for Livigno and Camping Pemont. Also look at Camping Colfosco in the dolmites, great skiing lovely campsite, expensive. Love St Anton btw. Personally, I/we have done plenty of French Alps over the years but now prefer, Italy/Austria/ Germany. Although we will be in Val Thorens for xmas/new year before heading back in to Italy for March

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wendles
Sep 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for the post. Just had a look and it does look nice. It states there is no pre bookings taken which I’m not so sure about. What if you get there and there is no space? I liked St Anton but found the run back at the end of the day a bit unpleasant or should I say mayhem.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
ha ha, can't beat the last run of the day down from St Anton. can only speak from experience but we generally just ring and say do you have space and they do. Can be a bit tight the way you are parked in busy times but plenty of space if than makes sense

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back