NFU new offer (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well if you have a car or light goods vehicle you now have breakdown thrown in, don't think it applys to motorhomes though

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I believe that Motorhomes are classed as cards with NFU however I think this only applies to smaller vans

Nov 2, 2014
Maldon Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We’re able to provide breakdown cover for vehicles and trailers up to 5.5m long, including caravans and motorhomes.
This is from the NFU website

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Lord Squid

Free Member
Dec 28, 2016
The West Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleepers panel van
Exp
since 2017
I have cars and camper insured with NFU. The following extract from their email to me implies that breakdown is extended to the camper, but only until 31st August. It's academic as far as I'm concerned as I have separate breakdown cover. "Cover valid from 22.05.2020 to 31.08.2020 inclusive. Following this, unless you have upgraded, your cover will revert to Mutual Assist breakdown cover which is included as standard for private cars in our Car Insurance policy. If you have a motorhome insured with us, you will no longer have breakdown cover."

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016
The NFU underwriters can make odd choices sometimes. I’ve just insured a Land Rover Defender with them. As it’s from pre March 2001, it says PLG on the V5C (as did every normal car prior to that). When they heard that - should have kept my mouth shut - they insisted it had to be insured under an HGV policy, with no free breakdown cover. Nothing I could say would change their minds as they had “issues with some Defenders in the past”. My insistence that that was only for models built after March 2001, when the taxation system changed, and some models had glass in the back (personal tax) and others did not (commercial tax and cheaper) fell on deaf ears. Ho#hum. :cautious:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
The NFU underwriters can make odd choices sometimes. I’ve just insured a Land Rover Defender with them. As it’s from pre March 2001, it says PLG on the V5C (as did every normal car prior to that). When they heard that - should have kept my mouth shut - they insisted it had to be insured under an HGV policy, with no free breakdown cover. Nothing I could say would change their minds as they had “issues with some Defenders in the past”. My insistence that that was only for models built after March 2001, when the taxation system changed, and some models had glass in the back (personal tax) and others did not (commercial tax and cheaper) fell on deaf ears. Ho#hum. :cautious:
phone another office to ask as they are basically independent agents

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
I was offered breakdown cover from an insurer. When I questioned the size of the Rienza the recovery company they used couldn’t cover that size vehicle.
I mentioned this to Adrian Flux and said it would be classed as comertial recovery so it was not a problem and no extra cost.

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016
phone another office to ask as they are basically independent agents
I called the central number, who then contacted the underwriter. As the vehicle is a rare model (a limited run for the Middle East) and imported by me (again, from the Middle East), I’d already spent an hour explaining what it actually was, which meant I had very little time left before I needed to use it.

Anyway, back to the original thread, our MH is listed as a “Private HGV” on the V5C. Pretty sure NFU would not give free breakdown cover and require another HGV policy.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We have just insured our MH with the NFU and they confirmed at the time that there was no breakdown cover.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
You need to use a different office , my 110 csw is plg and had normal policy and breakdown cover as was the 90 van

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Wether I get better service because I have been insuring things with them for over fifty years, I don't know but if we get another tractor or something I just ring the uttoxeter office and within 5 minutes it's insured, if I cancel something, all the outstanding money is back in the bank the next day, no fees for canceling or changing anything.
Never goes up more than a couple of pounds on renewal, any claim is settled up front no hassle.
All the things you read on here and other places about shoddy service just doesn't happen with nfu , never the out and out cheapest, but service makes up for a lot.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back