NFU Insurance (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just another thing with the nfu, if you have house insurance with them it might help, but the big thing here is,, if you do have house insurance you get holiday insurance thrown in for an extra 40 quid even with existing illness , we were paying 300 quid between us now 40, and another big thing is, I absolutely trust them with a problem, and no penalties for cancellations or changes.
Only problem for us they don't do European breakdown on motorhomes.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Word of warning I think NFU’s attitude to expensive vehicles may have changed since they got their fingers burned with writing off a super car they had insured for only a few hundred £s. My last renewal had to be checked out by the underwriters.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
My NFU agent went to a lot of trouble providing information for the NFU‘s technical underwriters when I asked about an Efoy and carrying methanol. They were happy to accept the equipment at no extra charge.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
They are never going to be the out and out cheapest, but for piece of mind and to go in and talk to them is worth a lot.
Actually saying that they are the cheapest we could find for ours, £285, but I do have loads of other things with them.

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
As above, I’ve found NFU easy to deal with when adding a temporary driver for example. Also no issues with adding mods like air suspension, levellers and weight upgrades. Guess convenience costs sometime. In the unfortunate event of a claim they are swift to respond.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Think what you want i dont. Just had my renewal only £10 increase on last year compared to others on here £140 increase ,that increase is over half of my entire premium .
All i am saying is shop around i always do my nfu quote was double what im paying.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Has anyone had an RTA abroad while being covered by the NFU?

What were your experiences?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Has anyone had an RTA abroad while being covered by the NFU?

What were your experiences?
Not a rta as such, but had a passenger door window smashed in Germany at a weekend and just rang them and everything was sorted for the Monday morning , didn't have to do anything but take it to the nearest autoglass and it was all arranged from here and no premium increase.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Never insured with them will probably try next time , but when I tried and got a quote from the NFU for Home Insurance ( although great cover) the quote was way over twice as much as others I tried so never took it up.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
We have been with NFU for three years now through the Chichester office. Every year I research around renewal time and NFU have for us been very competitive. You then look what is included. For us as an A class is the unlimited windscreen. An additional bonus to some is for MH breakdown for under 3.5 ton is free recovery. Unfortunately we fall outside the weight limit. Another helpful area is no additional charge to pay monthly. So the end price has many areas to be looked at. Good luck give them a go and see what they quote. You can always say no thanks

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have been with NFU for three years now through the Chichester office. Every year I research around renewal time and NFU have for us been very competitive. You then look what is included. For us as an A class is the unlimited windscreen. An additional bonus to some is for MH breakdown for under 3.5 ton is free recovery. Unfortunately we fall outside the weight limit. Another helpful area is no additional charge to pay monthly. So the end price has many areas to be looked at. Good luck give them a go and see what they quote. You can always say no thanks
Recovery not included on any motorhome no matter what weight.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Recovery not included on any motorhome no matter what weight.
I won't dispute that. Just recall that on my quotes I was informed that recovery was not available because of the MH weight. Something for those who get a quote under 3.5 ton to maybe clarify. In the review section on here, The NFU does mention recovery for UK.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
Yes recovery not included on any motorhome. I have a van and a tow car with them and home cover also. Get a decent discount for having that lot. Great company to deal with ?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I won't dispute that. Just recall that on my quotes I was informed that recovery was not available because of the MH weight. Something for those who get a quote under 3.5 ton to maybe clarify. In the review section on here, The NFU does mention recovery for UK.
Recovery is automatically added for cars, discretion for vans and things, but nothing for motorhomes

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Just renewed with NFU last week slight increase but think this is due to me adding an ifor williams trailer half way through last year and increased my milage to 15000 so now paying for all this for full 12 months.
Never needed it but i have friends who have claimed with the NFU and said it was all dealt with very very quickly
Also great cover for A class screen and no limit on european travel
Also no tracker or cat 1 alarm requied on a 120k motorhome i am happy with using the NFU but it may not be for everyone

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't want to keep on about this, but if you take up the travel insurance on a house policy, if you are injured or Ill they will bring you and your van home.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Can I add to this thread a plea?

NFU still do not cover Croatia other than 3rd party. Can everyone who either has insurance with them or asks them for a quote make reference to their status with Croatia and enquire when they will be including it on fully comp like every other EU country they cover? Concerted effort may help sway their underwriters.

Michael

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Do other insurers cover Croatia?

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Word of warning I think NFU’s attitude to expensive vehicles may have changed since they got their fingers burned with writing off a super car they had insured for only a few hundred £s. My last renewal had to be checked out by the underwriters.

I submitted a quote for a motorhome yesterday and my application has already been referred twice up the chain.

The Louth NFU branch seems to be the focal point for MoHo business matters and quotes. I was treated incredibly well by them yesterday but my quote is now sitting on some senior guys desk in the NFU mothership.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know what this means but you certainly get some cover in Croatia.
IMG_20200225_105717964.jpg

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I submitted a quote for a motorhome yesterday and my application has already been referred twice up the chain.

The Louth NFU branch seems to be the focal point for MoHo business matters and quotes. I was treated incredibly well by them yesterday but my quote is now sitting on some senior guys desk in the NFU mothership.

I think it depends where you're located. In our area it's the Chichester branch which deals with the MH business.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I think it depends where you're located. In our area it's the Chichester branch which deals with the MH business.

Very informative, thank you.

I do know that MMM and Out&AboutLive publicise the Louth Branch as the focal point for MoHo business albeit they've never printed a valid telephone number in their adverts ::bigsmile:

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
NFU Spalding have been good for us for the last 6 years van and toad (no intention of Croatia) we had a claim for a Hymer headlight some increase was added. No tracker required

I used to insure my last Ferrari with them at a reasonable cost but for some reason my new car had trebled the quote, so I found a very good policy with AIB but they do insist on a tracker at £350 per annum

Basically I found both companies good but for different policies.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
There are several NFU franchises that are happy to take motorhome business. Brockenhurst, Chichester and Louth have all been mentioned.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
There are several NFU franchises that are happy to take motorhome business. Brockenhurst, Chichester and Louth have all been mentioned.
Uttoxeter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back