Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
The comments regarding post code acceptability are true up to a point but not definitive. I tried NFU the first question they asked was for the postcode, home or storage I asked. Both was the reply, home address they won't cover, CASSOA gold storage again post code not acceptable, both post codes A rated. I'm sure they had God reason to take this view but hard to understand. At the end of the day if you get a fair quote from a company you are happy to deal with that's all you can hope for.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Your C status might explain the energy behind security on the van that has not been exercised on me or some others?

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Just a Footnote. They no longer cover R-V`s. When I sold the R-V (2012). The purchaser asked who it was with. I told him NFU. He approached them to be told that they had stopped insuring R-V`s, and I only had only had mine as an Existing Customer (from the 90`s). Back when they where one of very few who would insure an R-V..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Just a Footnote. They no longer cover R-V`s. When I sold the R-V (2012). The purchaser asked who it was with. I told him NFU. He approached them to be told that they had stopped insuring R-V`s, and I only had only had mine as an Existing Customer (from the 90`s). Back when they where one of very few who would insure an R-V..
Interesting I insured with them in 2011 with my Yankee as a newbie to MHs did not even have my C but they insured it subject to me not driving until I did. AND I was introduced to them by the previous owner. I suspect there are a lot of unknowns and people are told excuses that avoid confrontation. Like say you live in a crap post code, what are they going to say? So another excuse which cannot be unstitched is used. Maybe. In my early days of sales training these illegitimate objections needed to be isolated and the real objections identified so you could answer the real one and so perhaps conclude the sale.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
The comments regarding post code acceptability are true up to a point but not definitive. I tried NFU the first question they asked was for the postcode, home or storage I asked. Both was the reply, home address they won't cover, CASSOA gold storage again post code not acceptable, both post codes A rated. I'm sure they had God reason to take this view but hard to understand. At the end of the day if you get a fair quote from a company you are happy to deal with that's all you can hope for.
Or they might be one of the NFU agencies that don’t want motorhome business.

I think there is a bit more than simple post code grades to this. I moved my last motorhome from a storage site in an A location in Dorset to another one with with an A location, still in Dorset. The NFU price went up a little but not too much. I asked why the increase and was told location, my suspicion is NFU have their own risk map based on more than just post code, perhaps proximity to urban areas comes into it or maybe their own claims in the area. Clearly there was more to it than just an A rated post code.

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
When I tried to get a quote last year with NFU I ended up with our local office in Marlow who said they didn't do insurance for Motorhomes or Campervans - ours is a PVC.

I'll try again with one of the offices listed here when we come to renewal time later this year and see how it goes. Just checked the car insurance risk list and we come in as Band C, they rejigged the post code for our area some years ago and the old post code is currently listed as Band B. No idea how they work it out but our Band C area doesn't have much in the way of car crime compared to the old Band B.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back