NFU Insurance:European Cover (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Looking for 365 days European cover for your motorhome.. ?
Try NFU for a quote, many other insurers will only give a max of 90 days.
Call and ask for Helen Smith who concentrates mainly with motorhome enquiries.

Link Removed

Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Good info Jim, I have read that full timers can struggle to find good insurance cover.

I use safeguard mainly because of the recovery aspects. Getting the Motorhome Home can be expensive. But as a full timer you are already home so will never need recovery. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim
Fulltiming insurance is nigh impossible to find and if you get a quote it will be phone numbers :whatthe:
My advice is not to mention 'fulltiming' :Confused:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi,

Just to add to Jim's original post, try NFU for you cars insurance they beat everyone when I was renewing last December for my car and again the beat everyone a few days ago when my wife insured our new Panda, not only were the actual rates lower but the conditions were far better like unlimited mileage etc etc.

we haven't tried them yet for our home insurance or our motorhome as neither of them need to be renewed yet but i will certainly give them a ring when the time comes ?

Oh, Jim Safeguard give 365 day European cover including breaking recovery ? I believe ?

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
We are with Comfort (NU) who give 365 day use on the continent. They will also issue a Green Card for 120 days for Morocco, Turkey & Bulgaria with breakdown cover.

We also have a combined Travel, Medical & House Insurance with them as well. This policy allows you to do trips of between 90 to 180 days.

In the past it was always a struggle getting cover for leaving the house unoccupied for four/five months at a time but all that worry is long gone.

As you get older the problem of insurance can become a problem. We decided 10 years ago after hearing some horrendous stories to stay with Comfort and not change every so often to save a few pounds.

For us it has paid off, with the combined policy we can winter away and not have to worry about any thing, well nearly.:Smile:

As Jim has stated don't mention full timing it seems to be like waving a red rag at a bull.

Don

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Oh, Jim Safeguard give 365 day European cover including breaking recovery ? I believe ?

I couldn't comment on Safeguard, but when I was phoning around, mention an 8.5ton RV , Europe 365 and there is a sharp intake of breath .. before the give you a phone number quote..
Helen at NFU Louth branch is excellent and the premium wasn't eye watering..

E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi,

Its worth reading the small print with regard to the weight limit with Safeguard, we do insure with them and are 4000kg but there are different conditions for over and under 3500kg, albeit they will recover either its the part regarding possible hire cars and hotel accomodation that differs, having understood those differnces we feel there prices are very good and will proberbly insure with them next year.

That's right, and important for many, there is no 3.5t weight limit.

Safeguard also offer a Travel Insurance that is desigened to work in harmony with the motorhome policy which we have also taken

hope this helps
Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi,

Just another point with NFU if you insure with them you actually become a member of their mutual society which could effectively reduce your premium next year as I believe you could be entitled to a mutual dividend ?? I hope this is correct ?

Brian

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Hi,

Just another point with NFU if you insure with them you actually become a member of their mutual society which could effectively reduce your premium next year as I believe you could be entitled to a mutual dividend ?? I hope this is correct ?

Brian

:Cool: I was with NFU for 3 years. The premium went down every year. They later wanted to insure our Coachmen (at the time) as a Truck. They said they were also restricting the time abroad and we would have to apply for the cover before we went abroad. So we shopped around. :frowny:

I DO believe they are a very good insurer and that it IS best to RING them. :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back