Nexxo High Level Brake light panel (1 Viewer)

Elvis the fish

Free Member
Dec 16, 2019
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Nexxo 685
Exp
Since 2015
Just been down to the farm to wash (again) our 2014 Nexxo T685 when I noticed what appears to be an awning rail on the rear of the panel that holds the high level brake light And the reversing camera - any ideas?

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We have one on our Burstner Solano
It looks like a c-rail that you can slide awning beading strip into so assumed it was for mounting a small awning/shade into for the rear of the MH.

20200514_090840.jpg

Our 'track' is interrupted at the centre, under the high level brake light, by the fitting of the reversing camera but we can still use it for a shade rail with the use of lengths of figure of eight and keder strip mounted from each side and the beading tape on the shade runs through both pieces of aluminium figure of eight .

41oyRLUXRQL._AC_.jpg

Hope this makes sense :giggle:

Barry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Elvis the fish

Elvis the fish

Free Member
Dec 16, 2019
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Nexxo 685
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks Barry and Jim - that makes excellent sense. I will investigate further.

Elvis

Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
I was washing my van this afternoon and remembered this thread, checked my van and sure enough, mine has that rail S well, although mine is fitted under the brake light in one continuous run.

But I really cannot think of anything to fit there?

OP
OP
Elvis the fish

Elvis the fish

Free Member
Dec 16, 2019
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Nexxo 685
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Robster,
Re Barry’s comments above I have managed to thread a length of keder strip through my rail and attach a small tarp to create a shaded area at the rear of the van - looking forward to the opportunity to use it for real ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Hi Elvis the Fish

Makes sense but I cannot help the feeling there must be a reason this was fitted?

I was wondering if there was an actual option or add-on that Burstner sold?

it has my curiosity piqued!

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
The answer is simple really..... they think of every eventuality at Burstner ....... in order to make them the BEST motorhome produced :roflmto: :roflmto:

I really dont know but surely it is to attach some sort of cover or shelter perhaps to cover the bikes or back box?

20200515_113910.jpg

For short stays we use a Kampa Shade on the side awning rail which involves 3 telescopic support poles so I think we may mock up a similar thing but perhaps 1.8 or 2 metres wide for the back and use two of the poles.

Our Bullfinch external gas point is on the rear of the van as well as our Fiamma bike rack so maybe make some sort of platform that will clip on to the fold down section of the bike rack that we could use for a covered, but open, outside cooking area?

Barry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back