LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The reason that it is recommended to reformat the SD card regularly is due to the fact that every time the camera is started or stopped it creates a fragmented file. In itself not an issue but if the camera is used daily, and restarts a few times a day (set up to switch on/off with the ignition) then you end up with a number of fragmented files which can cause performance issues with SD cards. Recommendation from most manufacturers of Dashcams, and SD cards used in dashcams, is to reformat on a regular basis to ensure top performance. How often is regular will depend on how often the camera is stopped.
Correct :) As things are I will think about doing a format around June time............ June 2027 !!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
The reason that it is recommended to reformat the SD card regularly is due to the fact that every time the camera is started or stopped it creates a fragmented file. In itself not an issue but if the camera is used daily, and restarts a few times a day (set up to switch on/off with the ignition) then you end up with a number of fragmented files which can cause performance issues with SD cards. Recommendation from most manufacturers of Dashcams, and SD cards used in dashcams, is to reformat on a regular basis to ensure top performance. How often is regular will depend on how often the camera is stopped.
I have a Transcend dashcam and have never needed to reformat the sd card apart from when I first installed it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back