Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I've spent the last thirteen winters in Thailand, but now buying my first motorhome. So I don't plan on being in the UK next winter.

Mickey.
Benecarlo is quoting €850 for three months not July or August..so sounds a good deal to keep in the warm weather .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Benecarlo is quoting €850 for three months not July or August..so sounds a good deal to keep in the warm weather .

That sounds a good deal to me and the site at Benicarlo is nice and convenient, especially by bike, for the town and Peniscola, have you been there before?

We have spent periods of 2/3 months in the winter at Alcossebre just round the corner which is another nice place, the weather may not be quite as dependable as the Benidorm area but nothing is guaranteed anywhere.

I could spend 3 months at Benicarlo if that is any sort of a recommendation:)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
That sounds a good deal to me and the site at Benicarlo is nice and convenient, especially by bike, for the town and Peniscola, have you been there before?

We have spent periods of 2/3 months in the winter at Alcossebre just round the corner which is another nice place, the weather may not be quite as dependable as the Benidorm area but nothing is guaranteed anywhere.

I could spend 3 months at Benicarlo if that is any sort of a recommendation:)

Terrible in Benidorm this winter,,,must be a one off though,,been good for the last six years,, BUSBY,,

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I will be in France from Sept till October but need to come to UK for mot and service so would be looking jan/feb/march and come back to UK in April. ..

Do it before you go! I'm doing mine early for the very reason not to come back.
I'm getting an mot straight after Malvern, then heading down to twin lakes for the meet there, then continuing south to Portugal for the winter.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
We have just left Benicarlo after one month and that was too long for me. The sites ok very British so language not a problem, bar / restaurant with English food.showers and toilets basic but clean. Right by the sea, but not a nice beach. Does get windy.

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Do it before you go! I'm doing mine early for the very reason not to come back.
I'm getting an mot straight after Malvern, then heading down to twin lakes for the meet there, then continuing south to Portugal for the winter.
Will think on what you have said. I too am at twin lakes again for the meet then going onto parc verger. After that at this moment I have nothing set in concrete..

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>> next winter

For goodness sake, can we get this one over with first.

But you've seen what hit the area this year.

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
we did Camping Marjal Costa Blanca last year for three months CCC Rally. and the weather was great, this year could not go due to hospital appointments, but glad we missed out because of the lousy weather they have had this year so far, (y)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
like Benicarlo, but a month in one place is more than enough for me, well except first visit to Armacao de pera, went for 5 nights stayed 5 weeks

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Benicarlo is just a bit too far north for the best weather but it has been a bit iffy this year. However down in La Manga there has still been some good days, nice and sunny today at around 17 deg. so not bad compared to home and still managed to play golf once a week in decent weather.
Forgot to say that we have already booked our pitch down here for October 1 and also the ferry from Plymouth to Santander.

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Benicarlo is just a bit too far north for the best weather but it has been a bit iffy this year. However down in La Manga there has still been some good days, nice and sunny today at around 17 deg. so not bad compared to home and still managed to play golf once a week in decent weather.
Forgot to say that we have already booked our pitch down here for October 1 and also the ferry from Plymouth to Santander.
What's the name of the site please ..Roy

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
>> next winter

For goodness sake, can we get this one over with first.

But you've seen what hit the area this year.

Snow for a day once every 12 years ? :unsure: Bit of rain on & off ? Not sure about this :LOL:
Would you stay anywhere longer than a month though, or is it just Benicarlo?
If you pay me .(y):D2

What this man said. Too cold that far up even on a normal year. Well for me anyway.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
We too prefer further South for better, warmer weather - we start off in the Algarve then follow the coast East & South - in the low 20s this afternoon here in Mar Azul (near Almerimar) :)

Lots of sites between Mallaga and La Mango virtually all doing decent long term deals.

We rarely stay more than 4 or 5 days on one site (occasionally up to a week) off to La Garrofa on Thursday for a few days then to Cabo de Gatafhen ??? much too early to decide! :)

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Every one is different but 3 months in one place in a Motorhome no way could we handle that.
Last year we joined friends for a month on a site in Portugal, won't be doing it again far too long for us, we like to travel around see the sites and countryside.

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Spent xmas and New Year in and around Alcossebre and that was the first time we have been to Spain in winter certainly will be back next winter for much much longer...

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Would you stay anywhere longer than a month though, or is it just Benicarlo?

We stayed at Villajoyosa for five weeks and enjoyed it, Benicarlo was ok but a month for us was too much. Plenty of other Brits there for the whole winter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back