* Next Week - Pitches Available!* Camping Offer £10 Per Night New Forest 16-21 September 2020 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
List of people going:

Wombles - Alan & Karen (Wednesday 5 nights)
Two on Tour - Paul & Yvette (Wednesday 4 nights)
carolyn - Carolyn & Nick (Wednesday 5 nights)
Les - Les (already booked Sat & Sun)
cliffandger - Cliff & Geraldine (Wednesday 5 nights)
Carpmart - Harvey & Serina (Friday 3 nights)
jonsea - John (Wednesday 5 nights)
AC/DC - Andy & Donna (Wednesday 5 nights)
TinaL - Tina & Les (Thursday 4 nights)
Driventemple - Trevor & Judy (Wednesday 4 nights)
spongebob - Stephen & Diane (Friday 3 nights)
quickweh - Pauline & Mike (Wednesday 5 nights)
GWAYGWAY - Graham (already booked Thursday 2 nights)
mexican pete - Linda & Peter (already booked Saturday 2 nights)
gozomike - Mike (Wednesday 5 nights)
rerkingsmoor - Roger & Dorn (Friday 3 nights)
Taran_Las - Phil (Wednesday 5 nights)
LESW - Les & Trish (Friday 3 nights)
Chocy boy - John & Jackie (Wednesday 5 nights)
mikethebike - Sue & Mike (already booked Thursday 4 nights)
JohnM2 - John & Mandy (already booked Thursday 4 nights)
Floydster - Paul (Wednesday 5 nights)
John W - John & Brenda (Friday 3 nights)
csd4t - Colin (Wednesday 5 nights)
Emma Thornbridge - Emma & Sally (Friday 2 nights)
Stumpie - Tania & Stuart (already booked Friday 2 nights but may arrive Thursday)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
********************************************************************************************************************

Good news - have just heard back - this camping offer (see first post on this thread & extra info. below) from Appletree Exhibitions will continue until Saturday for anyone considering this option(y)

On arrival at the New Forest Show Ground please have the correct amount in cash to pay on the gate & let staff know that you are a member of Motorhome Fun to get the discounted rate. Everyone arriving will have to give the info. that may be needed for Test & Trace:
Name of person booking & number in party
Arrival day & number of nights staying
Contact phone number
Appletree staff will then park you up - they plan to space everyone out with 10m plus gaps between units.
They have also advised that as well as packing your sun cream :sun: don't forget an extra blanket as the temperature drops there at night.

********************************************************************************************************************

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012

Good news - have just heard back - this camping offer (see first post on this thread & extra info. below) from Appletree Exhibitions will continue until Saturday for anyone considering this option(y)

On arrival at the New Forest Show Ground please have the correct amount in cash to pay on the gate & let staff know that you are a member of Motorhome Fun to get the discounted rate. Everyone arriving will have to give the info. that may be needed for Test & Trace:
Name of person booking & number in party
Arrival day & number of nights staying
Contact phone number
Appletree staff will then park you up - they plan to space everyone out with 10m plus gaps between units.
They have also advised that as well as packing your sun cream :sun: don't forget an extra blanket as the temperature drops there at night.

Being a soft southerner I will of course have my thermals. Those who know me know this is not a joke!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We are packing the motorhome now & likely to be offline until next week. Looking forward to camping & walks in the New Forest & socially distanced individual chats with fellow campers :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Pizza until 8pm in Long Meadow campsite tonight :love::love:

Attachments

• IMG_20200919_152225097_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200919_152225097_HDR.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 45

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well, I hope this is the right place to post this.

What a brilliant few days away we had in the New Forest.

Thank you so much to Wombles Karen and Alan for pointing us towards this THS/non rally/not a meet meet (I can’t remember what I’m supposed to call it :RollEyes:), but we had a glorious five days in sunshine, on a huge site, with no breaking of any COVID rules, so those that were concerned about our safety/ health/potential for law flouting needn’t have worried.

We met new Funsters, and caught up with old friends.

Thanks for your company Taran_Las Phil, and sorry we woke you on Thursday with our ‘Half Hour with Julio’ - you could have joined us and heard all the music, and not just the bass ..... I have to say that me and my little Pocket Rocket Mate quickweh Pauline kept our workout COVID Secure, behind the van, 2 metres apart with only bemused sheep looking on .. :rofl:

We walked through the Forest to Brockenhurst every day, and saw some gorgeous ponies and foals, donkeys and ..... baby donkies, and miniature ponies. Just beautiful.

Oh, and especially for Mousy - if we’re together and you need bread/ tomato/butternut squash cutting - I’m your girl. I resisted every gadget stall, but Sebastian won me over ....

:doh::rofl:

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Thank you Karen and Alan Wombles for getting us discounted camping at the Appletree New Forest Motorhome show. We had a great time thank you. Lots of walking and chatting. My new dressing gown is lovely!! I seem to have bought a new waterproof coat as well, can’t imagine how that happened as we were looking for a bit of pipe.
Nick has topped up his tan.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thank you Karen and Alan Wombles for getting us discounted camping at the Appletree New Forest Motorhome show. We had a great time thank you. Lots of walking and chatting. My new dressing gown is lovely!! I seem to have bought a new waterproof coat as well, can’t imagine how that happened as we were looking for a bit of pipe.
Nick has topped up his tan.
As long as we don’t see you wearing it as you visit the showers in Villasol Carolyn..... ;) :rofl:

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
Loved it, sorry about the generator on Sunday but batteries down to 9 volts and no fridge. (don't think the solar is putting enough in) Nice to meet all you peeps and thanks to the wombles for not organising it!
Now in peak district on hook up so making the most of the last decent weather.
Hasta luego guapa chicas.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Loved it, sorry about the generator on Sunday but batteries down to 9 volts and no fridge. (don't think the solar is putting enough in) Nice to meet all you peeps and thanks to the wombles for not organising it!
Now in peak district on hook up so making the most of the last decent weather.
Hasta luego guapa chicas.

We were parked up behind the huge RV owned by the nice electric bike man. His generator was on most days - didn’t bother us at all.

When you know it’s running to aid someone’s business, or to keep a fridge cold, or a disability scooter charged up, I’d like to think most of us are compassionate and understanding enough to accept it for what it is.

Have a lovely time in the Peak District. :giggle:

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks Karen and Alan Wombles for the heads up for this motorhome show. The New Forest location was great for the walks and wildlife and the show was much better than expected in these Covid restricted times. It was good meeting other Funsters around the showground while enjoying the beautiful sunny weather. Thanks Geraldine cliffandger for the keep fit. Penciled in for next year 👍

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
To everyone that attended - thank you from us both for all your kind comments on this thread & for all the friendly distanced chats in the field :hi: :smiley: We had a lovely time walking in the New Forest & spending time in the Showground. Like many of you we didn't want it to end so next year it may be possible to camp for longer & let's hope we have glorious sunshine :sun:& beautiful sunsets again!
Will start a thread shortly for anyone that is interested in the 2021 New Forest Camping Offer for Funsters once the details have been decided by the organisers Appletree Exhibitions as they are happy to welcome us all back again (y) Date to pencil into your diaries - 21-26 April 2021.

1600791263080.png

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2017
Bakewell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo
Exp
Thank you Wombles for organising the meet up in the New Forest. Loved it. Your advice about where to break our big homeward journey was perfect - Stratford upon Avon hiding amongst the RV’s - oooh - and there was an even bigger Morelo there - didn’t get my nerve up to say hello - next time... Lincoln season finale this Thursday via the Morelo mending shop... another story...

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp