Free Member
Apr 15, 2014
Wellingborough
Funster No
MH
motorhome
Exp
I`m a newbie
Well that's it, just into our second year as motor-homers, went away most weekends last year April to September. Started again this year at Easter and have plans for most weekends till Sept. again. Loving every minute in our Swift Kontiki 645 and not missing the (fun) of setting up on arrival on site of the old caravan. Also planned a couple of weeks in Mid Wales end of July, so raincoats packed ready.
Thinking about next year, maybe the Continent and would appreciate suggestions for first time abroad with the M.H.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi Jon
Best advice is just get out there and do it(y) It's nowhere near a scary as you might think;)
Europe is far better suited to motorhoming than the UK.
If you have not already you should familiarise yourself with the Aires system in France. They are a great way to get about.
Just get out there and enjoy. :party2:

Upvote 0

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello :welc:

Loads of info on here about getting to France, we go over 4-5 times a year

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
Likewise JVD we also are new with two years under our belt and planning to cross the channel next year. Senior Management fancies Austria so..........

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
Dont worry about going over. Our first MH experience was last year when we hired and spent two weeks in France. Much to my surprise the boss loved it and so we are booked to go back over next month heading a bit further south-east to the Alps where I shall introduce her to some Cols - which will be interesting :LOL:...
The roads are quieter and to a large extent better, much more MH friendly and the food and drink is inexpensive - whats not to like...

Upvote 0

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
Hi!:hi:
We are waiting to pick up our first ever MH and we are going straight off to France,Spain and Portugal for 9mths leaving in August we have no idea what it's all about and never driven in Europe before but it's our adventure! we plan to follow the coastline for most of the way and so far the sites I have seen or booked look amazing we can't wait! The ASCI website is great for choosing sites abroad and this forum has a wealth of info, so come and join the fun!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back