Free Member
Apr 12, 2010
swansea
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi There,
I am quite new to the whole motorhoming thing, bought an old Talbot Rambler last May and have now swapped it for a 2006 Ci Riviera, bit of a difference!
My wife has decided that she wants an automatic satellite system, i've had a look around and the dome ones seem to be reasonable value. does anyone have any knowledge of them and which ones are better than others?
I have one more question, my Ci comes with roofrails as standard, but I have had no luck trying to source roof croosbars to fit it. Am I being stupid, but I cant see the point of them if you cant get croosbars to fit it. Any answers would be gratefully accepted.
Regards,
Ian.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Ian.Welcome to MH Funflyingwelcome

Can't help with sat dome don't take telly away with us, so don't need one.

Regarding roof rails I think most are cosmetic and not of much practical use, personally I don't put anything on roof you don't need the weight up there, tends to make you unstable also by nature you are driving a brick so any extra adds to fuel consumption.

Someone will be along to answer dome question later

Best of luck.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi and welcome too the fun site.
If your talking about the Camos Dome Sat System then a lot of people do like them although a I wasnt aware that they were fully automatic.

I prefered the Camos Flat Sat Plus Dish. This is a crank up system with a flat dish. It isnt easily influence by the wind as are a lot of the standard shaped sat dishes.

Have look on the road pro website to get a better idea of whats on offer. Dave Newell who is a site sponsor will also give you good advise.

There are also lots of threads on Sat Systems on the site which have a lot of good info, just do a search.

Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
There are some sat systems here, maybe of interest.

Motorhome TV & Satellite Equipment

The Camos ones are expensive but one gets what one pays for.

Peter

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
hi & welcome

I agree with Madbluemad, we also have the Camos Flat Sat Plus, coupled to a Zender decoder and TV. These give a choice of 230 or 12 volt supply, an advantage if you use non electric sites, provided your battery supply is adequate.

Dave Newell also carried out our installation, as in the Roadpro catalogue, fitted inside the wardrobe, nice and neat.:Smile:

We have had good receptions all over the UK, and France, in Spain it was a limited reception, but some of the other english speaking channels were interesting.:RollEyes:

This system is about half the price of a fully automatic system, and we think offers good value for the money.:Cool:

Hope this helps

Nomadic:thumb:

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
we have a camos dome and all you do is flick a little swich and thats it you have sky tv in seconds:thumb: cant comment on any other system because all i had before was a manual system on a tripod and that could take hours to find the signal:Sad: all so the boss can watch her programs:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back