Free Member
Jan 14, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido
Exp
since 2006
ok people , we are off on our travels soon and need a good site with easy rail links to Newcastle central.
Places such as Hexam and Corbridge have been mentioned , but would welcome some suggestions.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We have used the Caravan Club site at Old Hartley before, not sure about links to the city. I think you would need to get a bus to the nearest Metro Station in Whitley Bay or Monkseaton.

taralabradog

Free Member
Mar 27, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Elddis majestic 105
Exp
You could try Durham CC which is just beside a park and ride into Durham then a train into Newcastle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
ok people , we are off on our travels soon and need a good site with easy rail links to Newcastle central.
Places such as Hexam and Corbridge have been mentioned , but would welcome some suggestions.

there is a site in south shields by the se front.. I'm sure it takes vans.. i could make some enquiries if you are interested.. definitely easy access to newcastle via metro ...
andy

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
We are currently at Derwent Park, Rowlands Gill. A nice little site with old but clean facilities. 10 minute bus ride every 15 mins from outside site to bus depot at the metro centre. Open until end of October.

Grahmes

Free Member
Oct 2, 2016
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E795
Exp
We are going to the CC site in Whitley bay in a few weeks- it's on the metro too, or so I believe.
Apparently you can also park overnight in the coach park in Newcastle according to the council website.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We are going to the CC site in Whitley bay in a few weeks- it's on the metro too, or so I believe.
Apparently you can also park overnight in the coach park in Newcastle according to the council website.

Coach park? - I wouldn't, too near to the city"entertainment" centres.

The CC site at Whitley Bay is quite a walk from the Metro, nearest station is Monkseaton. You'd need the bus.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Motorhomes can be parked in the coach park but that does not include camping.

Article 5(6) of the Off street parking order says:
(6) No person shall use any part of a parking place or cause or permit any vehicle to be left in a parking place:
(a) for sleeping or camping purposes;
(b) for cooking purposes;

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back