Free Member
Aug 12, 2014
Cornwall (near England)
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek 1991
Exp
since 2006
Hi all,...Just rejoined Motorhome fun after a few years break...sold my Converted Toyota Coach and have just bought a Trek Safari RV..1990, and in need of an incredible amount of TLC ! Has been virtually deserted for 10 years, with water damage in the rear bedroom wall & floor, and almost everything in need of coaxing back into life.
She has every piece of paper since new, with meticulously kept records of every journey, fuel, and MPG figures....Alaska to Peru, then over to Europe...finally ending in England.
Just put 2 coats of Cromapol on the roof (after digging out all the old cracked putty at the end seals)...so-far, the water ingress has stopped. Rear high level lights looked a bit dim....after much cursing, managed to remove the red covers...Full of Moss !
Anybody savvy with A/C units ?.....Roof mounted Coleman, fan runs, and sounds like the compressor is running, but only drawing 900w instead of the 1800w quoted in the manual...Air is not being cooled at all, and no heat from the roof unit..Out of Gas ?...But i thought the units had a pressure sensor that prevented the compressor from running it the unit was out of gas.
Leveling units work fine, but the front unit wont retract, and a crowbar has to be used to coax the piston back up......Springs look ok.
I have always sied away from the American RV's due to MPG Vs My Pension,..but this one has an Isuzu 4 pot, 4L diesel,...and records show an impressive 17 mpg over 10,000 miles,, with some peaks of 19 MPG !
Hopefully will be on the road before July !
Bob
Darkest Cornwall

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back