Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Just a little Bump, :winky: anyone else. ::bigsmile:

Link Removed
http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/Shows/The-Southern-Motorcaravan-Show/_sh4

Spring into Summer at Newbury 17th -20th May

Are you looking to change your motorhome or buy your very first 'van or simply looking for a great value weekend break for you and your family, if so, then we have a great FOUR days and FOUR nights planned for you. Whether you own a motorhome or caravan, The Southern Motorcaravan Show is the place to be.

What can you expect....

Extended exhibition area for 2012 with over 200 exhibitors planning to attend.
A huge variety of both new and pre-owned motorhomes on display.
Many of the UK's finest dealers showing different models, layouts, finishes and finance options available.
Industry recognised brands supplied by our regular accessory suppliers.
So whether it's a new or pre-owned 'van, soft furnishings, outdoor leisurewear, solar panels, batteries or that must-have gadget, Newbury is your one-stop shop!

Camping prices to camp with motorhome fun.
2 adults & 3 children in one unit, additional adults are £15
Arrive Thursday £38.00 after 10am :Smile:
Arrive Friday £35.00
Arrive Saturday £32.00
And leave the site before noon on the 21st.:thumb:

Book Here: Link Removed

When booking make sure you scroll down and put motorhome fun as your club,or you will not be allowed to camp with us.

If you have not been to our rallies before, we have our own marquee and make our own entertainment.

And of course the entertainment on site.

Here: Link Removed

PRE-BOOKING CLOSES ON
MON 30th APRIL at 10am

Attendees

1. bobandjane
  2. gozomike
  3. Brisey
  4. slobadoberbob
  5. Reallyretired
  6. highwayman

When you have booked with Warners please post on this thread. We will be your marshals for this show :thumb: Bob and Jane

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Just been looking at the rallie lists-
There seems not many down here in the south west to visit.
It would be great if there was a local do down here :RollEyes:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, same for us on the Norfolk / Suffolk border, :winky: but its worth the distance travelled. ::bigsmile:
I think if the demand is in an area, they would do the shows, but a lot of traders are not making it pay, so if the shows are not supported and making a profit, they will no longer be there to attend. :Sad:

We have some good meets at the shows, and many including us don't spend enough, but doing a few shows a year we have everything we need.::bigsmile:

But as far as meets are concerned its an easy way for funsters to meet up. :thumb:

So why not join us at Newbury, then you might decide its worth going that bit further. :winky::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Hi, same for us on the Norfolk / Suffolk border, :winky: but its worth the distance travelled. ::bigsmile:
I think if the demand is in an area, they would do the shows, but a lot of traders are not making it pay, so if the shows are not supported and making a profit, they will no longer be there to attend. :Sad:

We have some good meets at the shows, and [HI]many including us don't spend enough[/HI], but doing a few shows a year we have everything we need.::bigsmile:

But as far as meets are concerned its an easy way for funsters to meet up. :thumb:

So why not join us at Newbury, then you might decide its worth going that bit further. :winky::ROFLMAO: Bob.

We always seem to spend too much, hence don't do too many shows, probably just Camarthen and Newbury this year.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
These days it is the people mostly

We have over the years got most of what we need for the RV, while we replace consumables every year.. tent pegs of the wind breaker etc., we do go mainly to relax and meet some friends. I was talking to Sue the other night and we had nothing we really needed for Peterborough.. Just going for the weekend and then on to have a service and MOT on the RV with Duncan of Star Spangled Spanner in Lincoln... but I doubt we will be rich pickings for the traders. Now if the French market was there then they would do well.

But I am looking forward to Newbury as it is only a couple hours run from us in Kent.

Nice ground to walk the dog.. may be a beer if we do not get told to go out of the tent as dogs not allowed .. some hitlar in a yellow jacket.. Castle Brewery was not happy and invited us back next day... but as I do not drink the day before I drive we did not get back to the beer tent.

Bob

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Booked up :thumb:
We are rallie virgins.:Blush:
We will need steering to where the food and beer area is located :thumb:

Be nice to meet some of you funsters there.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you will enjoy it

Booked up :thumb:
We are rallie virgins.:Blush:
We will need steering to where the food and beer area is located :thumb:

Be nice to meet some of you funsters there.

We are normally on the same road way where the entertainment tent is.. it is a fair way down from us, you can hear the music but not a problem. beer tent and food area are a short way in front of us at 11 o'clock a couple roads over and just before the entrance to the show area (there are tow entrances from the camping areas).. the areas we use is fairly flat.

Expect a good weekend.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard.:thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Link Removed

Are you looking to change your motorhome or buy your very first 'van or simply looking for a great value weekend break for you and your family, if so, then we have a great FOUR days and FOUR nights planned for you. Whether you own a motorhome or caravan, The Southern Motorcaravan Show is the place to be.

What can you expect....

Many of the UK's finest dealers showing different models, layouts, finishes and finance options available.
So whether it's a new or pre-owned 'van, soft furnishings, outdoor leisurewear, solar panels, batteries or that must-have gadget, Newbury is your one-stop shop!

Arrive Friday £35.00
Arrive Saturday £32.00

When booking make sure you scroll down and put motorhome fun as your club,or you will not be allowed to camp with us.

If you have not been to our rallies before, we have our own marquee and make our own entertainment.

PRE-BOOKING CLOSES ON
MON 30th APRIL at 10am

Attendees

1. bobandjane
  2. gozomike
  3. Brisey
  4. slobadoberbob
  5. Reallyretired
  6. highwayman
  7. joner8888

When you have booked with Warners please post on this thread. We will be your marshals for this show :thumb: Bob and Jane

sparky_speedy

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Funster No
hi Jane

I have just booked, arriving on the Friday

Deb and Paul x

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Link Removed

What can you expect....

Arrive Friday £35.00
Arrive Saturday £32.00

PRE-BOOKING CLOSES ON
MON 30th APRIL at 10am

Attendees

1. bobandjane
  2. gozomike
  3. Brisey
  4. slobadoberbob
  5. Reallyretired
  6. highwayman
  7. joner8888
  8. sparky_speedy

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
As I'm working on the Friday, what is the latest one can gain access?

I'd like to make this one & likely be our first ever outing in our Burstner ::bigsmile: Probably the best place to cock it up :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
gozomike

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008

I'd like to make this one & likely be our first ever outing in our Burstner ::bigsmile: Probably the best place to cock it up :ROFLMAO:

Sorry do not have the latest admission time with me.

If you do forget anything you are in a good place to sort that out and there will be several about who can help out :thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I think it is 8 p.m

If I recall last year it was 8 p.m. as we had a member making a mad dash to get there before they shut the gate for the night.

Well worth getting there... not far off from the motorway very close to it, so it does make it easier.

Hope you can do your first meet... remember if you do book you need to put your avatar name and membership number (below your avatar picture on the front page you post on) and get your £2.00 discount and book in with us as a club and then add your name to the post that Bob & Jane run as the marshals.

Bob p.s your membership number is 20125...

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Thanks Bob, I'll discuss it with 'her in doors' when I get home later today - I'm presently working at The Millennium Stadium :ROFLMAO: with a great view :Cool:

Hope to see you at the show.

John

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
good old Hackney

Thanks Bob, I'll discuss it with 'her in doors' when I get home later today - I'm presently working at The Millennium Stadium :ROFLMAO: with a great view :Cool:

Hope to see you at the show.

John

Was coming over to that direction this morning.. love a bit of Pie and Mash and go to Wood Street in Walthamstow, so I have to come through the Blackwall Tunnel and across the Eastway and pass the site.. watched it transform over the past couple of years.

But in the end did not go.

I take it you are met based? Newbury is a an easy to get to venue .. just off the M4 .. has plenty of traders normally, so good for all the small as well as big things you might need. Plus there is more than enough people to ask any of those questions you have not covered on the MHF site. Plenty of take out food and beer tents if you like that sort of thing.. Normally a fair few have BBQ's going as well.. just a case of joining in.. bowling up to a motorhome or in my case an RV and saying Hi... I am.. the rest follows .. good idea to have a chair and a mug as once you start the rounds you are doing it for ever..

One of members Si (Dodgey) will confirm how long it takes him to go for a pee.. and he is normal parked not a million miles away.. say half a dozen motor homes away but still takes for ever.. always someone to chat to.. Then you see something a member has purchased then it is often a case of heading off to find it yourself.... Got some of those Italian round washing up buckets last year.. only show ever seen them.. the sort you see motorhome users in Europe have.. but for some reason do not show up in the UK.. well last Newbury they did..

Anyway lets hope you can fit the show in.

Regards

Bob, Sue and of course Ezzie the St Bernard.

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
I take it you are met based?

No, South Wales. Millennium Stadium in Cardiff - Wales -v- France.

Newbury is a an easy to get to venue .. just off the M4 .. has plenty of traders normally, so good for all the small as well as big things you might need.

Yes, passed by Newbury on many occasions and not to far from us, just off J36 M4.

I'm sure I could spend a fortune at the show!! Perhaps I'll look at solar panels while Angie will be looking for foldable flower vases :Doh: Whatever, if we make it, and I hope we do, we'll have fun.

Cheers

John

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp

Hi, would be great if you could make it, I'm sure you will enjoy your first meet. :thumb:

Gates will close at 9pm Thursday and Friday and 6pm on Saturday subject to weather conditions.

PRE-BOOKING CLOSES ON
MON 30th APRIL at 10am

Attendees

1. bobandjane
  2. gozomike
  3. Brisey
  4. slobadoberbob
  5. Reallyretired
  6. highwayman
  7. joner8888
  8. sparky_speedy

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I thought you were at the olympic park

No, South Wales. Millennium Stadium in Cardiff - Wales -v- France.

Yes, passed by Newbury on many occasions and not to far from us, just off J36 M4.

I'm sure I could spend a fortune at the show!! Perhaps I'll look at solar panels while Angie will be looking for foldable flower vases :Doh: Whatever, if we make it, and I hope we do, we'll have fun.

Cheers

John

Thought you were at the Olympic Park in the East End of London...

Newbury should be an easy run for you from that areas...

Bob:thumb: p.s I see it is 9 p.m close of the gates so that may help you a lot. Would be good to put a face to the names.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Okay just booked for the show, arrive Friday, see you all

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
someone else that can make a lot of noise

Hi Bob and Jane

Just booked for the show, so will see you there.

Stuart

Hi Stuart.. and your little $^%%@ aka Ukulele .. another person that can make a lot of noise.. will have mine with me, but also the lap steel guitar ... with a tiny battery amp (marshall) unit ... oh the joys of motor homing.

Bob

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
PRE-BOOKING CLOSES ON
MON 30th APRIL at 10am

Attendees

1. bobandjane
  2. gozomike
  3. Brisey
  4. slobadoberbob
  5. Reallyretired
  6. highwayman
  7. joner8888
  8. sparky_speedy
  9. drago35uk
  10. B-well
  11. capinpugwash

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
M/H ticket arrived today :thumb:
It is orange and for 2+ 2 people .
I can`t see any reference to Motorhome fun club though.
It says follow signs for camper, i did not know if you had a area set back or is it luck of the draw ?
Friday for us, been saving £££ for things :thumb:

OP
OP
gozomike

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
M/H ticket arrived today :thumb:
It is orange and for 2+ 2 people .
I can`t see any reference to Motorhome fun club though.
It says follow signs for camper, i did not know if you had a area set back or is it luck of the draw ?
Friday for us, been saving £££ for things :thumb:

Hi

That sounds as if you are booked for the general camping area. Did you state MHF when you booked? Normaly club bookings will have the club name on the ticket, I cannot confirm the colour as I am not in the UK but orange does not sound right. I would give them a call & check.

Mike

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it should have MHF on the ticket

It should have MHF on the ticket... sounds as if you have tickets for the general area.. suggest you contact them

Bob

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
just booked with Warners, we will be arriving Friday. Please add us to the list:ROFLMAO:

Dave & Eddi

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
It should have MHF on the ticket... sounds as if you have tickets for the general area.. suggest you contact them

Bob

No ,just camping area written on it.
I filled in the part as well explaining about MHF club.
Now there is no phone number to contact anywhere on the forms,--i`ll probably leave it --may cause confustion and i`ll end up with no tickets.
I`ll see you guys there, somewhere :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back