Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi all, had a great day yesterday. Handed out 000's of flyers, and answered hundreds of "wot is Motorhomefun then?" "Free! where the catch?" ::bigsmile: We also had a queue most of yesterday waiting in line to try the Link Removedwe could have sold our demo one 30 times!

Just getting ready to do it all again. If you are coming along today pop in and see us, and if you want to stop for half an hour and hand our some flyers, even better:thumb:

Whatever you are doing, have a great weekend. :Smile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
weather is looking good right now, haven't heard the forecast though. Yesterday they were saying today was going to be very wet today, lets hope they are wrong::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sorry to hear about your injury mate, that will slow down your line dancing practice :ROFLMAO:

H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
the two kids and the mrs are all struck down with a tummy bug (since thursday afternoon) and the idea of having them in the motorhome for two days was not appealing, :Eeek:

i hope to be along today god willing as there is lots i want to see

cheers
chris

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Well Tony there are 4 vans here 2 rv's and 2 euros just spoken to our neighbours Dusty and Do (I think) and Ray and Joan in a Brave I have not seen the others!

I think that we shall have to spread out a bit to make it look a bit better:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Still not raining though:ROFLMAO:

Regards Pat

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I do hope you're flying your Waterproof Pennant Pat.

Have a Great weekend.

Bit dull up here now.:Doh:

Just weekend weather.Still Can't grumble.The recent weekends have been fine.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Red/White/Blue paint for the body amd White (non-tartan) for the epdm roof.:RollEyes:

And a Long Weight please?:Angry:

Seriously,

If you can find any dealers on your travels selling paint for EPDM (Rubber) roofs please can you get their details.

Need to order approx 5 litres of White.

Cheers.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am really upset as was coming our aerial as a day visitor today then our aerial guy phoned and wanted to do today (cheap price so OK 'k it)

Been there all morning and no show (just rung reckons had had a break in):Doh::cry:

I SO NEED:a day out to:cry::cry::cry:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Was hoping to see you today but got to my van, in storage compound, and found the windscreen that was replaced 2 weeks ago by autoglass was leaking rainwater in two places.:Doh:
As the leak was right on the drop down bed when dropped down I decided against coming and contacted autoglass instead.
I particularly wanted to buy a flag at the show as I haven't seen them yet.
I will take a chance and buy one on line, as I already have a sticker, which seems good.
:drink:

Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
Tomorrow?

I was hoping to call in today but had too little time to do too much. :Sad:

I've never been to Newbury, but after Cardiff lost today in the FA cup I could do with some cheering up.

What is Newbury like on the Sunday?

I can't decide whether to go to Newbury tomorrow or save my money for the Stratford Show, so any pointers would be great ::bigsmile:

Thanks,

Andy

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
never been to newbury either but for one day i would save me beer tokens for stratford.
plus you missed the 'gathering' in the fun-tent this evening which to me is the show (or a big part of it).

john.

H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
picked up my sticky window things what are great, doing a great job Jim

keep up the good work...

i did pass one stand that was selling inferior brake assistors and let them know i had seen some that were better with a nice chrome bit, much better than the plain plastic items he was selling!

:thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
What a glorious morning we woke up to here at Newbury, looks like its sunscreen rather than umbrellas today::bigsmile:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
never been to newbury either but for one day i would save me beer tokens for stratford.
plus you missed the 'gathering' in the fun-tent this evening which to me is the show (or a big part of it).

john.

What meet? I have approahed and made conversation with a couple of the campers on this Fun pitch but no one has come to me! Just a couple of friends from the ARV club.

Mind you went to Newbury on the shuttle bus had a few pints while we watched the scummers beat Cardiff:thumb: it was funny to see the Welsh whingers in the pub crying in their beer:thumb::thumb:

To make matters worse coming from Southampton we hate Pompey they will really rub our noses in it now!!!

Regards Pat

Last edited:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi Pat
I think I'm right saying that this is the first fun meet you've been on unfortunately it was never going be one the better ones not enough attendees , normaly Jim has the marque/tent for evening get togethers.Jim & Bryan are normaly camped with the rest of us but due to show regs they had to pitch with traders at this one. our normal meets go on into the small hours in the tent
Please don't think this the norm for fun meets and try to come to one of the bigger meets
cheers mate
Tony

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Exhibiting at a Warners show is NEVER fun! I have never known event organisers be so anal. Their latest is to threaten to ban exhibitors if they share electrics! They also charge £10 parking for exhibitor vehicles. They really do treat exhibitors appallingly.
Still, they'd made their profit before a single day visitor arrived. Pity a lot of the traders can't say the same.

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Home now had a good time and the weather really behaved itself! Whatever happened to all that rain we were promised?

Couple of pics of the crowded Fun pitch:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just after arriving on Friday at about 3pm

100_1624.jpg

Saturday Morning

100_1628.jpg

Regards Pat

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Well just got back from Newbury. Spoke to Jim and liked the new chrome brake extender so much decided to have one when they are in stock. Forgot to pick up a pennant DOH! Spent a few bob on 2 new batteries, Wind break and a few other things. Wanted a nature pure filter but have nowhere to fit it under the sink so bottled water for a while. Eddi - Tawny had a good time, she managed to get a pair of Deck Shoes and a "Bag" !!! We spoke to our 2 neighbours but didnt see Roughin it smoothly at all throughout the weekend. I also spoke to Pete on the Gaslow stand and was informed that they - CMR - are now repairing Dometic and other fridges.

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi Dave sorry we missed you we were not in the van much to be honest met up with an old haulier friend parked over on the ARVE pitch and did a few miles reminiscing the old days.

Also got some stick off some of the ARV club members for not booking with them they did not have a marshall either as there was only six of them attending.

No Tony I will not give up on the club and will try to attend a more popular meet only trouble is that they all seem to be a fair way from us and we cant get away if we have our son with us till about 3.45 on a Friday and to get to Peterborough/Newark etc at that time on a Friday night would take hours!

Still here's till next time:thumb::thumb:

Will try to get to Stratford but I think Mrs D has us booked to go to a local function on the Saturday night:Sad:

Regards Pat

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
There were some very cheap batteries about at Newbury, but be warned they may not last!

If they were any good we would be selling them due to the huge increases in battery prices lately.

Keep the receipts.

Regards

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back